New Huskee 22 ton splitter .....junk compared to the old ones?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL why would you have bought the cheapest splitter in the store if you intend to use it for a full time commercial operation?

So are you are selling green wood to people who need heat immediately, and how are you measuring a cord? That pile you claim to be over a cord is a tiny fraction of a cord.

It seems like you have a good demand for your product and an ample supply, but you may be burning a lot of bridges this year (and maybe a few homes).

im not mad glad someone offers help. The splitters I had wouldn't last even if I was heating my home. could be a fluke but they were all junk and broke very quickly. the pile of wood in the dump truck picture is over a cord I know its hard to believe but its very long....it fills that dump truck and its 185 cubic feet its over a cord has been stacked out before. No im not selling green wood. I have been in the wood business for 14 years now I started when I was 12.

LOL why would you have bought the cheapest splitter in the store if you intend to use it for a full time commercial operation?

So are you are selling green wood to people who need heat immediately, and how are you measuring a cord? That pile you claim to be over a cord is a tiny fraction of a cord.

It seems like you have a good demand for your product and an ample supply, but you may be burning a lot of bridges this year (and maybe a few homes).

And I bought the cheapest splitter because it should last longer than a week? should be able to stand up to a year at min? I have many customers that get multiple loads a winter and enough business to keep me going that's for sure

Ok this thing is a total pos they have went way down in quality last few years. The wind chill here was supposedly 18 below yesterday and temp like 0-1 thing wouldn't even try to start. Had orders to fill have been working past 25 days non stop even Christmas I split dump loads by hand. Today splitter would run 15 mins die start run 5 die start run 5 die.......I just split by hand and let my helpers play with it. If I was a homeowner I would just buy a mull in all honesty. you can split waaaayyyyy faster. Taking an hour off tomorrow to return this thing and get another as I have a 3 year warranty and so far the auto return don't work (first log). splitter is super whimpy in some logs and jut dies out. hopefully the new one atleast runs and the auto return works.

Heres a picture of one of the dump loads I split with a mull that's was given to me free. Took under an hour to split one of those loads little over a cord of wood in one.
I'm referring to this picture. You claim it to be over a cord, and it's more like 1/4 cord or less.

If you aren't selling green wood, what are you doing with all of those fresh splits?

Sounds like you have a need for a commercial splitter so the Iron and Oak is a good starting point. The Huskee is a consumer model and obviously undersized for what you want to do. I have the 35 ton and it wouldn't be suitable for commercial use either.

Back