New Husqvarna 562XP and 555 Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prolly will run like a raped ape, but it looks like they have cut weight on the brake handle, cheapened it up. That's mine only concern, I love the performance of the 346 but the overall chassis seems a lot less robust than that of my stihls. One of the local loggers who use a 372 most of the time jokes he has as least a couple of sets of plastic onhand all the time for the breakage he suffers. When you don't gain weight with a strato design it has to come from somewhere. I hope the durability matches the potential performance. The 441 may be an ugly heavy duck but it's built like a tank, same with the old 660 design.

A durable stihl saw is the 038 and the 041, I see them all the time that are used as landing saws and have been used for 20 years full time!!!

Chasing orange all over the world on the world wide web, I found some nice pictures from a European site of the new 562XP. Scroll down on this link and check out the 360 degree pictures of this beast. It's

Namnlöst dokument

My local Huskie Dealer in Connecticut says they expect to see them in May 2011. Looks like a single switch choke or kill; one-sided grip on rear handle; fuel purge is a nice touch on a pro saw; no more XP emblem on rear of carb cover to peel off (try to find replacements); looks wider and lower. If it'll turn a 24 inch bar, then my ol 372 might go up for sale. Don't worry, I'm not letting it go until the replacement can prove itself. The 395XP Big Bore does everything bigger with authority.

It may be ugly to ya, but it will sure pretty up alot after you run one.

Chasing orange all over the world on the world wide web, I found some nice pictures from a European site of the new 562XP. Scroll down on this link and check out the 360 degree pictures of this beast. It's

Namnlöst dokument

My local Huskie Dealer in Connecticut says they expect to see them in May 2011. Looks like a single switch choke or kill; one-sided grip on rear handle; fuel purge is a nice touch on a pro saw; no more XP emblem on rear of carb cover to peel off (try to find replacements); looks wider and lower. If it'll turn a 24 inch bar, then my ol 372 might go up for sale. Don't worry, I'm not letting it go until the replacement can prove itself. The 395XP Big Bore does everything bigger with authority.

Where are you in CT? A dealer on here had a proto type, we had it running at a GTG a little bit east of Hartford. It was very impressive. Your dealer's May date is consistent more or less with what's been on here. There have been a few threads running on the 560, 562 etc.

Namnlöst dokument

Yep, but those pics are old news to some of us - maybe not to all.

I believe that putting a 24" bar on it for regular use is a very bad idea, as it will totally destroy the consept of that saw. It surely will "pull it", but that is not what it is about! Occationally, in a pinch, is another issue.

Edit: I also believe the pics show a 560xp, and not a 562xp - they look a bit different, judging by other pics that are around (also on here). The difference is the rear end of the top cover, over the air filter - I guess the filters also may be different, maybe for different markets. Then we will eentually see what actually hits the markets as production saws.......

Last edited:
will those saws appear already ?
I do hate them with their "make them hype" strategy.

Honestly, exposure to this site has created the hype. Husky didn't really create the hype. We created the hype. The only hype husky has made is through that one little bitty press release and that really vague video on the website.

We've been fortunate enough to get the inside scoop on the prototype, many of us have even run it. BUT this is extraordinary, and we created most of the hype which we now see and feel.

Honestly, exposure to this site has created the hype. Husky didn't really create the hype. We created the hype. The only hype husky has made is through that one little bitty press release and that really vague video on the website.

We've been fortunate enough to get the inside scoop on the prototype, many of us have even run it. BUT this is extraordinary, and we created most of the hype which we now see and feel.

Very true, customers come in all the time asking questions that all started as rumors or "I read somewhere"

I just hope they're easier to get ahold of than the other XP saws are at the moment.

why do you think they went to the press? the law forced them ?
I also agree that the hype was created that way. but hype is usually created that way, isn`t it ?

They went to the press because companies like doing press releases. They have in house press departments and all sorts of crap even though they really don't need them. It's not like USA today or any other newspaper picked up on the press release. I think a lot of the time it may just be to feed some of the industry magazines, who frequently cite press releases as sources of information about new products, etc.

Where are you in CT? A dealer on here had a proto type, we had it running at a GTG a little bit east of Hartford. It was very impressive. Your dealer's May date is consistent more or less with what's been on here. There have been a few threads running on the 560, 562 etc.

I'm outa Willington, Connecticut Mike. My parts depot is W.H. Preuss and Sons Equipment outa Bolton, CT. - good family run business, been around for years.
I do like my 372 a lot - its a great all around workhorse and with a muffler mod its been a great reliable performer even in 40 inch red oak. I think its ideal with a 24 inch bar but it also works good with a 32 inch bar full skip chain when I had the 395 down for parts. I'm looking for another all around saw (no rush) that's lighter and maybe even less power to turn a 24 inch bar up in the bucket. The 372 pulls stinking hard when I'm up in the bucket chunking the stick. Maybe the Huskie 562XP will fit the bill, but I won't let go of the 372 unless the 562 proves itself. The Husqvarna website recommends up to a 28 inch bar for the 562. If nothing else, it'll be fun pitting ol' school vs. revboost/autotune/new design without going any heavier like the 576XP...

Latest posts

Back