New Jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
084 big bore

Stihl folks,

Could a big bore kit be made to fit both 084 and 088 saws, as well as MS 880's. We are not that familiar with that line of big Stihl saws. If it could bolt on to all three, then we may have a chance at the volume. If each one takes a different bolt pattern, stroke etc. then the possibility becomes more limited. As for an 026 big bore, I think it is a distinct possibility for a big bore, due to the fact that the most expensive part (cylinder mold) is already made for us. Now it is a matter of resizing the bore and piston, do some appropriate testing, then it becomes a simple numbers game (Can we sell approximately 1,200 kits in about 6 months time?).

yes they are all the same

Dean,

As always thanks for the info. We will look into that on our trip.

As for those of you who wonder about the quality of the imported stuff, I can tell you that we have thrown away a mountain of improperly made gizmo's from Europe and Asia. Our learning curve was steep on this stuff, and there must be a dozen different factories making aftermarket parts from several different countries. The factory that we deal with in Taiwan has all german made casting impliments (thats the problem with disgruntled ex employees from Mahle) and we use an outside inspection service that goes through a checklist to make sure all is well before it catches the next ship. It cost more, but after the early nightmares we encountered, we are much more confident about our product lines. I hope to have some video on the factory processes when we return.

I agree with the guys wanting a 272 bb kit. the jonsered 625,630 and 670 as well as the husky 61,266,268 and 272 could all use this cylinder as an upgrade. they are very well liked and there is a ton of these saws around. nothing better than being able to add more cc's and horsepower to these saws. you would own the market for C&P kits. those 266 & 268 kits on the market would become undesirable. there's my .02 cents. Rick:cheers:

BIG BORE 026! BIG BORE 026! I wanna make this saw REALLY scream! on another note. This thread is proof as to how much Baileys has a handle on how to deal with customers. Not very many suppliers communicate in the forums with customers like this. :clap:

Another vote for the BB 026!

I just bought a P&C from Bailey's for my 026. Definitely would have bought the BB kit if it had been available. I plan on keeping this saw for a long time, so maybe next time around. Sign me up for a BB 026 kit!

-Skooks

Any votes for the 288

Although I only run Stihl now, I still see a few of the locals with 288s. I have a feeling that Husky made a pile of em, and I know a few folks were dissapointed when they discontinued em. Just my 2 cents.

BR400/420 piston and cylinder sets... There are zillions of these blowers out here and they all eventually need a new piston, and often cylinders..

How about a stock P&C kit for the Jonsered 490/ Partner 5000 closed port topends. BB5000/BB490 would be nice too. seems to be alot of folks wanting kits but they are no longer available. I got a feeling that some aftermarkets might be in the works somewhere though. :cheers:

I'd take at least one each of the BB026 and BB036 right now. The BB036 would give me a good reason to sell my 385xp. Is there any chance you could have one of the saw modders here do a mild woods port on one of the prototype samples and tell your suppliers to "make them like this". A woods ported big bore for less than the price of a stock C&P would be sweet even if we had to clean up the intakes and exhausts ourselves. It's the port timing most of us don't want to tackle.
John....

Stihl 066 Kits

Nik,
Any guess as to when the 066 kits will be available?

The first batch of 066 kits out for testing had issues with the piston bottoming out on the crankcase. Those have been re-machined and have been out in the field for about 3 months now. The second test batch should be arriving in another month, and if and when they fit all models properly, we will get the full order on the water. So unfortunately we are still about 3 months out, and that is if there are no issues with the current test models. If you try to push these things out too soon, the whole thing turns into a bit of a $hit sandwich. We have already eaten some of those in the past, not too tasty!

I'd take at least one each of the BB026 and BB036 right now. The BB036 would give me a good reason to sell my 385xp. Is there any chance you could have one of the saw modders here do a mild woods port on one of the prototype samples and tell your suppliers to "make them like this". A woods ported big bore for less than the price of a stock C&P would be sweet even if we had to clean up the intakes and exhausts ourselves. It's the port timing most of us don't want to tackle.
John....

We have stayed away from porting the cylinders, mainly because there are so many variations and porting is affected by what you do to your carburetor and muffler. Most guys working their magic would probably be happy to sell you one of our cylinders already ported for a modest fee.

Latest posts

Back