New Mahindra 5035 with grapple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Mahindra is about the only one made in India, although they are one of the world's largest tractor manufacturers. Kioti/Daedong is 100% Korean and they make all of it - engines, transmissions, etc. Others are Japanese. I thought JD was moving some of their compact tractor manufacturing back into the US but have not kept up.

I could be wrong, but last I knew, the green tractors, under 100hp, have been made in India for about the last decade or better.

i dont think the small greenies are yanmars anymore. i think i read somewhere that they were indian made. the yanmars were good tractors. i was not impressed by the new 30-40hp deeres in the least.

Well I know the Deere 5075M model is American made. The 5075E model is not. Not sure why that is.

Nice wheels Chief...I think once you get used to having a grapple you can never go back. I asked my dad the other day, remember when firewood used to be hard work? I used to roll rounds up the ramps onto my trailer. Now I cut the logs into 6' lengths and load them with the grapple onto the trailer.
One thing I am getting on my "firewood beast" this year is a winch. Too many times I had a hard time getting felled trees out of the brush, because I could not maneuver. A winch will suck them right to my grapple.

I will try to get some "in action" pics this coming weekend. -30f polar temps make me feel better in the recliner with my lab keeping my lap warm. When this frigid junk ends, it will be time to play.

I used it over the weekend dragging out some blowdowns, but did not get any photos

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Finally got a few pics in action. Amazing how nice it is tp place a log at working height to saw.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398553582696.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398553582696.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 308
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398553608067.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398553608067.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 326
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398553636757.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398553636757.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 314
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398553664377.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398553664377.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 291
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398553682182.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398553682182.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 236
Sweet! I'm jealous. I still do it the old fashioned way. Fell and buck in the woods, load into the trailer, unload next to the barn until I have a huge pile, split for an entire day and stack. I take my time though and I enjoy it. That's what matters.

Sorting out who is who in the tractor industry isn't too easy...

NOT all smaller Deere's are made in India, only the cheapest models are/were ?. The smaller non India models, most are ASSEMBLED in the US, not made in the US, there IS a difference! The final assembly is of parts from all over the world! Most if not ALL of the small loaders are made in china, many other parts are too. Big loaders were made in Canada, now they are Mexican made.

Mahindra, most models, NOT ALL models are made in India, BUT some smaller models are made in China!

NH is owned by Fiat, as is CIH. Most of their compact tractors were from Japan, not so sure today...

Kubota, it's all Japanese...

TYM is Korean, they make tractors under their own name and have made many for others, like Mahindra! Yes, some Mahindra's were really TYM's...

AGCO is the only other American company, along with Deere... CAT, AGCO and Massey are all the same compact, Massey is owned by AGCO along with several other company's and their compacts, last I checked were Iseki's, made in Japan.

And it goes on and on! lol

SR

We went and looked at some new ones for the farm and noticed a lot of the under 100hp tractors had black motors. I asked the dealer what's up, and he showed me that certain models are actually zetors and to stay away. I asked him why he keeps them in stock then and he said that people ask for them by number he sells them like crazy. It helps that there about 8k cheaper then the american varient.

While on the subject of tractors, Is anyone familiar with Satoh? Are parts available for them. There is one for sale locally that my friend looked at. Its nice with low hours.

While on the subject of tractors, Is anyone familiar with Satoh? Are parts available for them. There is one for sale locally that my friend looked at. Its nice with low hours.

They are Japanese made, use to see more of them around. Do they even still make them?? Many of the early ones had a PTO that turned backwards, also many were 2 cyl. that started hard in the cold... I'm betting parts would be, "where ever you find them!" Maybe on line??

Maybe I'm a tractor snob, but I wouldn't want anything to do with one.

SR

Its the first SATOH that I've seen in a while. I thought they predated Kubota's around these parts and wasn't sure if they were Yanmar or what.

My Bobcat is actually a Daedong--Bobcat stopped importing them a few years back--they too seem a bit heavier duty than the JDs or Kubota.

My Bobcat is actually a Daedong--Bobcat stopped importing them a few years back--they too seem a bit heavier duty than the JDs or Kubota.

Daedong is Kioti brand here in the US, Pretty nice tractors, but I wouldn't call them better than a Kubota of equal size...

Bobcat sold the last of them here, VERY cheep, as they were having a hard time selling them and that's why Bobcat closed them out...

Like I said, they were/are just Kioti's painted Bobcat colors, so if anyone wants one, just go buy a Kioti...

SR

just happened to stumble on this post. I am looking at a 5035 pst also, are you still happy with it? any complaints?

I think Mahindra is about the only one made in India, although they are one of the world's largest tractor manufacturers. Kioti/Daedong is 100% Korean and they make all of it - engines, transmissions, etc. Others are Japanese. I thought JD was moving some of their compact tractor manufacturing back into the US but have not kept up.
The JD plant was right beside the Farmtrac plant a few years ago in India. My Farmtrac dealer showed me the picture. I expect they are still being operated. Farmtracs are still being made. Just don't have dealer chains in the US now. I'm sure there are many other brands being made in India too.

I am very happy with my 5035. Have been scrounging wood all summer and no issues other than a small leak here and there on some hydraulic fittings needing tightened. Very minor indeed.

Back