New McCulloch homeowner saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAG58

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
McCulloch CS 450
237440d1336512087-mcculloch-cs-450-elite-132787cf-jpg

same as
237441d1336512092-30a5584e-jpg

and
237442d1336512099-255b7e16-jpg

and there are several other models that are the same .....

Last edited:
Yup, looks like badge engineering at it's best. I kinda like the McCulloch styled one better.

It doesn't surprise me, given they're all brands in the Husqvarna group. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar Poulan model out there as well, given it is also a Husqvarna brand.

The plastic is very similar, how do the internal major part numbers match up?
I can't imagine why they'd change much inside - that's where the expensive-to-develop stuff is, and few buyers have any idea (or interest) what's inside anyway.

They do look mostly identical-the chainbrake handles are different and there appears to differences in the top cover as well.It seems odd they wouldn't just make them completely identical,for cost reasons anyway.

It may not be cool but black and yellow looks awesome on a saw. I really hope Husqvarna does good by the McCulloch name. If they rebadged a 346XP or 372XP in black and yellow Mac styling I would be all over it!

Hey I can dream right?

They do look mostly identical-the chainbrake handles are different and there appears to differences in the top cover as well.It seems odd they wouldn't just make them completely identical,for cost reasons anyway.

--the Generic Motors approach. 2,398 sheet metal differences, over a dozen brands,all built around 3 different cars....with a nice selection of prices, so people can be comfortable driving their new whatever, because it is "better" than their neighbor's generic motors whatever.

Hands down my all time fav example, chevy cavalier or a nice new cadillac cimmaron! Pay lots mo to get that caddy emblem!

I wish the regulators had just nixed these conglomerates from owning a buncha brands, because this is what happens.

I blame it (well, some of the blame) on hah vud and other similar biz school loony parasites for coming up with that ridiculous MBA degree thing, where any rich kid could become a "manager" over a company or a product they know absolutely zero/nothing about.

I will also say..OK, this is speculation but try it on for size....the old iron American companies made a lot of good saws..that KEPT working. Eventually, every swinging richard who wanted a working saw had one or three and....they didn't need or buy any more. When you got something that works without major issue for more than a full generation, it just might tend to result in "reduced sales" leading to panic "cost cutting" and so on by the bean counters. And then this would lead to selling off the whole company, etc. Or just dropping brand names (again, generic motors).

Then there was also rounding the peak of the old big timber cutting and a lot more restrictions on it everywhere, that certainly had an impact on the domestic brands.

--the Generic Motors approach. 2,398 sheet metal differences, over a dozen brands,all built around 3 different cars....with a nice selection of prices, so people can be comfortable driving their new whatever, because it is "better" than their neighbor's generic motors whatever.

Hands down my all time fav example, chevy cavalier or a nice new cadillac cimmaron! Pay lots mo to get that caddy emblem!

I wish the regulators had just nixed these conglomerates from owning a buncha brands, because this is what happens.

I blame it (well, some of the blame) on hah vud and other similar biz school loony parasites for coming up with that ridiculous MBA degree thing, where any rich kid could become a "manager" over a company or a product they know absolutely zero/nothing about.

I will also say..OK, this is speculation but try it on for size....the old iron American companies made a lot of good saws..that KEPT working. Eventually, every swinging richard who wanted a working saw had one or three and....they didn't need or buy any more. When you got something that works without major issue for more than a full generation, it just might tend to result in "reduced sales" leading to panic "cost cutting" and so on by the bean counters. And then this would lead to selling off the whole company, etc. Or just dropping brand names (again, generic motors).

Then there was also rounding the peak of the old big timber cutting and a lot more restrictions on it everywhere, that certainly had an impact on the domestic brands.

Feel better now? lol.

McCulloch

and the commercials are now on TV and YouTube
[video=youtube_share;vR1NAUifAP4]http://youtu.be/vR1NAUifAP4[/video]

Red Dot design award

" This year, no less than nine Husqvarna Group products have been awarded the international "red dot design award 2012".
The CS 410 Elite is a robust and light-weight
all-around chainsaw. Powerful yet extraordinarily
easy to use. Including a useful combi-tool
to maintain perfect condition, cleverly hidden
inside the back handle.
”The design is powerful, masculine
and unconventional and the
whole range expresses a very
consistent brand message.We
wanted to create a very
strong and unique visual
impression, which I believe
we have succeeded with.” "
attachment.php

And " The Coolest Chainsaws Ever"

The Coolest Chainsaws Ever :msp_w00t:
[video=youtube_share;BNna1zfgjgU]http://youtu.be/BNna1zfgjgU[/video]
:msp_ohmy:

The fuel window and hiding place for scrench are cool ideas.

I wonder if they will sell them here? A hardware store I drive by has Husky, Poulan and McCulloch branded riding mowers out front.

Latest posts

Back