New member hello!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiderhole

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone...

Glad to be on here. I am on some other online forums for other intersts I have so I hope I will have good cause to hang out for a while!

Couple things that I would like to know. Is the forum I just posted in where most folks hang out? i.e. the general discussion forum?

Is there is forum for folks doing repair work on their various tools. Right now I have a few old school Stihl chainsaws (045/056 AV) that I am working on that I would like to get back into running order.

I live more or less in the woods, but don't have a tremendous amount of property - just enough to keep me permenantly busy. Lots of down trees. Ton's of leaves. I like working outside when I am not doing my actual real work!

Here's me on the Stihl 029 Super

IMG_0100.JPG

Welcome spiderhole. I am glad to see I got you fixed up. The chainsaw forum is where you want to talk chainsaws. For newbie's here is the place for advanced climbers the one right above this one on the main page. You will get used to it soon.
Glad to see you here.
Darin

Welcome to AS spiderhole, starting off with a picture of chips flying is great. Lots of info regarding your old saws in the chainsaw forum, just ask.

G'day to you Spiderhole.

Welcome to Arborist Site!

It really depends on what you wanna generally discuss. In your case with fixing your old saw it would be the Chainsaw forum. If you wanted to talk about things not related to the Green Industry then Off Topic would be a good place to talk about all the other things in life.

Nice picture you have there matey. Just outta curosity what would be your profession?
Spiderhole said:
I like working outside when I am not doing my actual real work!

Anyways good luck and have fun posting on the site. :)

Welcome Aboard

Welcome aboard Spiderhole.
This is a great place for any info you may ever need on all things wood.
The guys in the chainsaw forum will help you out with thoise saw projects.
Just coast around and read and you will soon figure out what discussions go where.

Hi Spiderhole, welcome.

Here's another good tip. In that green bar above, there is a word 'Search'. If you have a question about ANYTHING, click on it and type in key word(s) of interest. Chances are we've already covered whatever you're interested in and you will probably get a number of threads from different sections of the forum. You questions can often be answered in the same sitting, rather than over the course of days.

If you find a previous thread covering your topic, feel free to reply to it. This re-opens that thread and we all jump back in and pick up where we left off.

Also, anytime you can offer photos as part of your question, or contribution, we like that.

Glad to have you on.

Welcome Spiderhole.
Talk to Fishhuntcutwood here on this site, he has rebuilt a couple of 056’s and is a good source of info.

Welcome

Hi Spiderhole,
Welcome to ArboristSite.com,the only place on the net where sawdust flows virtually from your monitor,LOL,There's heaps of very smart folk here feel free to ask all the questions you want,most time the answers are informative and sometimes entertaining when the boys get going,making sure you get the best most accurate information available...Welcome Aboard.

Welcome Spiderhole........all good info above to abide by. You have landed on a great site here with lots of great people. The talent here is as diverse as you can get it. You will even get advice when you don't want or seek it. Have fun and enjoy and careful for the gators.

:cheers:

G'day to you Spiderhole.

Nice picture you have there matey. Just outta curosity what would be your profession?

Anyways good luck and have fun posting on the site. :)

Thanks guys, I have been hopping around on here. Lots of good info. I will setup shop here for a bit.

I sell large corporate printers/office technology for a living believe it or not!

My hobby's pretty much include all things with engines. I do some firearms work as well. I have a few stihl chainsaws that I am anxious to first learn about, then start some build up jobs on!

Here's one of my little projects. It's a 400cc two stroke yamaha banshee. I just finished it a few months ago. I dug it out of a feild in Michigan:

banshee.JPG

Thanks guys, I have been hopping around on here. Lots of good info. I will setup shop here for a bit.

I sell large corporate printers/office technology for a living believe it or not!

My hobby's pretty much include all things with engines. I do some firearms work as well. I have a few stihl chainsaws that I am anxious to first learn about, then start some build up jobs on!

Here's one of my little projects. It's a 400cc two stroke yamaha banshee. I just finished it a few months ago. I dug it out of a feild in Michigan:

banshee.JPG

That's great mate, glad to have you here with us.

Wow thats a beast 400cc's. :D Lotsa' fun and skinned hands and elbows for the young ones I bet.

Welcome Spiderhole

Nice avatar. I have that same picture at my desk. It seems to put things into perspective.

Have fun.

Welcome Spiderhole

Nice avatar. I have that same picture at my desk. It seems to put things into perspective.

Have fun.

Thanks, I use that same avatar on the other boards I post on, also the same user handle. That image I think is one of the most powerful from the last century, too bad it was taken from a video camera, and the guy was hauled off never to be seen again!

Back