New Member - Longtime Reader from Michigan needs Log Splitter Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well - I'm a proud new owner of a Husky 28 Ton splitter. Picked it up from TSC Saturday. Had one issue after getting it home and running a few logs thru it - it was leaking hydraulic fluid from the hose that runs from the pump to the valve. It was at the hose so it wasn't just a matter of tightening something up. Took it back to TSC and we replaced the hose. Worked great after that. Hopefully just a fluke. The one nice thing about TSC is that (at least in my experience) - they treat their customers well. They told me I could turn it in for another splitter if I wanted to right then or if I had any other issues at all. This thing really has some power - put everything I had from my pile that was too tough to split by hand and it cracked them like it was nothing. My one big regret - why didn't I get one of these SOONER!! Anyway - thanks for all the replies and advice on this thread - much appreciated. I'll post back after I run 10-15 cords thru it.

Congrats on the splitter. I think you'll like that one. Makes it kind'a fun splitting those big ones. :msp_wink:

Well - I'm a proud new owner of a Husky 28 Ton splitter. Picked it up from TSC Saturday. Had one issue after getting it home and running a few logs thru it - it was leaking hydraulic fluid from the hose that runs from the pump to the valve. It was at the hose so it wasn't just a matter of tightening something up. Took it back to TSC and we replaced the hose. Worked great after that. Hopefully just a fluke. The one nice thing about TSC is that (at least in my experience) - they treat their customers well. They told me I could turn it in for another splitter if I wanted to right then or if I had any other issues at all. This thing really has some power - put everything I had from my pile that was too tough to split by hand and it cracked them like it was nothing. My one big regret - why didn't I get one of these SOONER!! Anyway - thanks for all the replies and advice on this thread - much appreciated. I'll post back after I run 10-15 cords thru it.

The rules are "Pics or it didn't happen" But your from Mi. so you wouldn't lie!

Back