New ms361 at dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sold my used 361 on Ebay. It brought near 600 bucks in excellent condition. 575 for a new one is a great deal. I do like the 362 a little better, but the 361 is a great all around 60cc saw. It's a tad lighter than the 362 and with a tad less power. They're both really alot closer to each other power wise and weight wise then some people would say. I just like the wide powerband the 362 has. But for the pice difference your dealer is asking, I would definetly take the 361.

Did you mean to say 8%?

Anyway, I suspect the dealer knows that a 361 is more attractive than a 362, and isn't lowering the price because of that?

Precisely. One of the dealers around me had a few 361's left over in storage and had no trouble clearing them out at $599 plus tax, about $675 OTD.

Right now, somebody, somewhere is doing a "dealer locator" search on stihl's site for dealers in the Albany, NY area. Any StihlHead in the market for a new 60cc saw would LOVE to find a New Old Stock ms361 on a dealer shelf. Care to post the exact whereabouts of that saw? Someone here would GOBBLE it.

Right now, somebody, somewhere is doing a "dealer locator" search on stihl's site for dealers in the Albany, NY area. Any StihlHead in the market for a new 60cc saw would LOVE to find a New Old Stock ms361 on a dealer shelf. Care to post the exact whereabouts of that saw? Someone here would GOBBLE it.

My bet is the saw's at the True Value Hardware in Menands, NY. :msp_smile: I've heard more good things about the ms361 than the ms362 that replaced it.

Last edited:

Not unlikely at all.....

I just bought a new 362 for $689 with a 20" bar before tax at my local dealer. They have a brand new 361 for $589 sitting on the same shelf my saw came off of right now. So they are out there, but the other dealer close by doesn't have any.

I don't know if this helps but i bought a new MS362 with 20" bar and chain for $655 (+ tax) a couple of months ago. That was the best price I could find in my area and the only dealer willing to cut any deal at all.

Well the dealer called me this morning and said the saw has a bad ignition. I was like what???? The new ignition will be in tomorrow.... I said to the mechanic to throw in an extra chain for my pain and suffering lolololol. He laughed too and said no lololol.

Well the dealer called me this morning and said the saw has a bad ignition. I was like what???? The new ignition will be in tomorrow.... I said to the mechanic to throw in an extra chain for my pain and suffering lolololol. He laughed too and said no lololol.

Good luck with your new saw when you get it.

For your info or someone else if they were looking, one local dealer here (John Deere business) has one new 361 on shelf. It has a 20in rollomatic E on it. Price is $619.95. Date of manufacture was 2008. This place never budges from list. Other Stihl dealers in this area do and they sell their stuff. I stop in this John Deere dealer once in awhile though just to see what old stuff is still there. I called them today and the saw is still there. If someone wants more info, you can contact me.

Good sign that he checked it out and diagnosed the problem before sending it out the door.

Yea this dealer is good with that stuff... even though you would expect all dealers to be like that. He doesnt budge on his equipment prices(cuz he dont have to), but his service department is pretty good. I still can't believe that this 361 was still on the shelf. You woulda thought some tree guy would have scooped it up at some point.... But then again 95% o his chainsaw customers are home owners. This biggest saw he stocks is a 441.

Back