New MTD chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still has time(1d and 8h $115)...i dont need it but i want it if my ol lady will let me. Im on financial probation she says....I see chainsaws and get the buyin S.h.i.t.z...lol!!

saw where the seller lowered the price. i really wanted that 970 but it got expensive. still prolly worth it though. have the same conversation with the old woman. yeah i get the buyin rumbling bowels too. wish i could figure out why.

I know ya wasnt talking to me....but I noticed you say you have a tweaked yellow version....me too...What did ya do to it..if I may ask? I muff modded mine and put a NK setup for faster cuttin. But I have an extra 152 cylinder that im going to try and tweak/port.
Set squish to .022 raised exhaust and transers back to stock timing. Widened exhaust to near max. Left intake alone other than cleaning some casting flaws up. I'm really happy with it, cut wood with it in the winter, and race it in the summer.

Set squish to .022 raised exhaust and transers back to stock timing. Widened exhaust to near max. Left intake alone other than cleaning some casting flaws up. I'm really happy with it, cut wood with it in the winter, and race it in the summer.

Did that involve machining the base of the cylinder, or using a different gasket material? I havent taken any measurements yet so I have no idea. About how much difference did it make over stock? I wish someone would do a thread on porting a 152,,,this will be my first port job.

Did that involve machining the base of the cylinder, or using a different gasket material? I havent taken any measurements yet so I have no idea. About how much difference did it make over stock? I wish someone would do a thread on porting a 152,,,this will be my first port job.
Yes the head was cut, I left the gasket in, it was the first time for me as well. I did a thread on it on another site but all the info was lost recently do to a dirtbag hacker! I looked and I have a few notes the head was lowered .032 that got 195psi compression. I wanted to be able to cut wood with it so raised exhaust up to bring it back down to 175psi. I was to quick to jump into it, I didn't do a good job of documenting the gains. I guess that what separates us from the more scientific guys like Timberwolf, that methodically documents every change to see what gains were made. Stihl crazy is sending Timberwolf one maybe we can get him to do a thread on it with what mods gain the most improvements. Mine turned out alright but I honestly can't tell you what gained or lost.

Back