New MTD chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i will buy one and try it out...my friend runs a mill down the road i will give it to him to break it in..lol he cuts about four cords a day between him and his boy..it will get a work out.he's been looking for a cheaper saw then the husky's...we have been working on getting a saw shop opened my cousin will run me and my uncle will be partners with that business.we have been looking at different brands for a while but so many have mileage restrictions from other dealers etc. thanks for the info anyhow...

You may want to do a bit more research into where the different saws come from if you're going to open a saw shop.

Husqvarna and MTD are not the same company. They both do manufacture some product for sears. Husqvarna does have a factory in China that produces homeowner product under some of there brand names like poulan, mcculloch, weedeater but all the good Husqvarna and Jonsered saws are built in Sweden. Stihl also manufactures chainsaws and other products in China. Some Dolmar saws are also built in China. What factory the unit comes has very little to do with the quality of the unit it's all in the company controlling the factory.

still a husky poulan McCullough etc..they probably all come from china anyhow...lol i just hope for your sake it will oil the bar... i bought four poulans and none would oil...not one...brand new out of the box junk.good luck.

Not to be an azz...but if you dont know what your talking about...and its obvious you dont then dont say anything at all. People like you make a lot BS to read .

I like the looks of the MTD, I wouldn't mind hearing a little more about it.

That saw is labeled MTD, and I'll bet you a years worth of donut money for the NYPD that it was made by Efco, from Italy, the same people that made Olympyks and Oleo-Macs. That saw, a rebadged 152, is one of the better models they make. Efcos come with a five year homeowner warranty, thats the whole saw, not just the ignition or some other part. Check out Stihl Crazys thread, Efco 152 long term test, for some more info.

I just got the Efco 152 and it is awesome...just awesome! So congrats on the new saw.

Having said that, MTD is synonymous with crap here, so I hope they dont market them incase people get it backwards and think Efco is an MTD product!

I just got the Efco 152 and it is awesome...just awesome! So congrats on the new saw.

Having said that, MTD is synonymous with crap here, so I hope they dont market them incase people get it backwards and think Efco is an MTD product!

I doubt they will...efco is gaining momentum finally here in the US and that would be just stupid on efcos part to associate themselves with MTD again..they already did with the cub cadet saws and they didn't sell because everyone knows CC is MTD. Only time will tell...have to keep checking TSC to see if they have them.

Your right...I need not be so defensive. Ive been talking these efcos up for like 6 yrs and they are finaly taking off it seems. I wonder if that MTD will be available here in the US?

I spent some quality "Search engine time" today, & all I could find was pictures of the typical chinese junk badged with the MTD label. That, & recall info from about 2006 when MTD apparently had alot of problems with their chinese top handles breaking while the saw was in use. Guess they got what they paid for (again) with their "Jen Feng" junk!!
If that Efco in MTD clothing showed up here in the USA, people wouldn't know what to do when they didn't have to throw it away after cutting 5 saplings!!

The MTD I bought is old stock, MTD dropped this range of saws about 4 years ago, my dealer bought 100s of these.
As far as I know current MTD saws are all Chinese junk.

The MTD I bought is old stock, MTD dropped this range of saws about 4 years ago, my dealer bought 100s of these.
As far as I know current MTD saws are all Chinese junk.

well that settles it.....its old stock...mo wonder I couldn't find anything one them. Thats about when cub cadet commercial saws were dropped.. thanks for letting us know...instead of letting us keep trying to find more info about them.

Drive up and you can run a yellow version 152 with a slight tweeking, I think you will like 'em.

I know ya wasnt talking to me....but I noticed you say you have a tweaked yellow version....me too...What did ya do to it..if I may ask? I muff modded mine and put a NK setup for faster cuttin. But I have an extra 152 cylinder that im going to try and tweak/port.

Only in Australia? Pity... I have the efco 165; can't say enough good about it. I think it's better than the Solo 656. but I have not really made it do a lot of work. It's been too cold to go cutting; this morning was minus 24C.

i've also been beating the efco drum for years. that's all i've ever owned or used. give a heads up if mtd ever does market here.

Thats cool me and this dude think alike. well i gotta few old macs and pioneers. other than that Im pro efco/oleo mac/olympyk/olympic. Id give ya more rep Jerry but it wont let me.

Back