New saw smile!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should get some hearing protection or you are going to be deaf in a few years time!

Congratulation on the new saw!

I've been cutting since my teen years - not deaf yet. ;)

But 10 months of military training summed up to getting Tinnitus and an average of 30% hearing loss each ear. :mad:

I find the sound of a good running chainsaw rather pleasurable and non intrusive - but that is just me. :chainsaw:

Hey Corey that saw seems pretty strong considering size....would love to try one myself.... Does this saw have the Ez-start on it....also does it have an adjustable carb???

Hey Corey that saw seems pretty strong considering size....would love to try one myself.... Does this saw have the Ez-start on it....also does it have an adjustable carb???
Yes it does have the easy start. It starts easier then my 6100 and my 7&10 year old daughters can start it. I bet my 3 year old could start the 421.
Yes it has a fully adjustable carb the high needle takes a DD tool that you can easily find a set of carb tools on amazon or ebay.

You should get some hearing protection or you are going to be deaf in a few years time!

Congratulation on the new saw!

WHAT!

I have some that are attached to my helmet with face guard. But I was just cutting one thing then it led to two and then I started cutting everything in sight. Refueled sharpened the chain and started cutting some more.
Fun little saw.
It does sound better in person!

Ya when I bought my stihl trimmer here a year or so ago it came with the easy start.... Well I wasn't happy about it at all....I have to say I have used it quite abit now and it hasn't gave me any problems yet.... You just have to remember to pull a lot easier on the cord than on most OPE....I have gotten used to the easy start now, and if it continues to hold up as it has been I will be just fine with it!!!!

Ya when I bought my stihl trimmer here a year or so ago it came with the easy start.... Well I wasn't happy about it at all....I have to say I have used it quite abit now and it hasn't gave me any problems yet.... You just have to remember to pull a lot easier on the cord than on most ***....I have gotten used to the easy start now, and if it continues to hold up as it has been I will be just fine with it!!!!
My 192 stihl had easy start and it never gave me any problems but always felt like it could break very easy. Dolmars system feels a lot more robust. In fact most people would never realize it was spring assisted unless you told them.

Will the 5105 be next or the 7910? Just remember your chainsaw friends like to help you spend your money. LoL!
9010 if I could ever find one when I have money as well! That would be a good line up.

My 192 stihl had easy start and it never gave me any problems but always felt like it could break very easy. Dolmars system feels a lot more robust. In fact most people would never realize it was spring assisted unless you told them.

The spring assist makes it hard to drop start it

I've been cutting since my teen years - not deaf yet. ;)

I find the sound of a good running chainsaw rather pleasurable and non intrusive - but that is just me. :chainsaw:

People ask me why I like chainsaws so much, and I have been known to say, "with a wife and six kids, I find chainsaws to be relatively quiet, by comparison".

People ask me why I like chainsaws so much, and I have been known to say, "with a wife and six kids, I find chainsaws to be relatively quiet, by comparison".
That is so true! With a wife and 4 daughters it is quiet and peaceful in comparison. Chainsaw are nowhere near as distructive , chaotic or as much drama.

Latest posts

Back