New saws (to me) with pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had a man to call me today at 12:30 and tell me he had some old saws that I could have if I would come and get them. My day had been going so bad that I just quit what I was doing and drove 75 miles to pick up the saws.
One picture has three 07 Stihls, one is pretty much complete. It has strong compression. The other two are part saws. I looked at the piston on one of them and what I could see looked new. It did not have a flywheel and I could not turn it over. The other saw is a Homelite 5-30N. It looks pretty much complete with compression.
The other picture has two c-72's on the front side. That is what he told me. There is so much dirt I can not read anything. The next one is a XL 12, the next is a SXLAO, the next is a Super EZ and the last is a XL 101.
My day improved after I got to his place and saw what he had for me.
I know that some one will ask, so I asked him what he wanted for the saws and he said nothing. He know I was looking for old saws. He is a small engine repairman and he said he did not work on anything as old as these saws so he could not use them for parts. I gave him forty dollars and he tried to give twenty of it back, but I made him keep it. Tom

P S. If someone would fix these pictures for me I would greaatly appreciate it. Maybe some day i will learn how to post pictures.

Last edited:
Here ya go. Nice old saws !!! Now clean em' up, cut some wood !!!!
07002.jpg

here's the other photo plus some rep for you !!!!
07001.jpg

Last edited:
posting pictures is easy. At the bottom of your post, there is a manage attachment button. Click that and then you can upload your picture. If it doesn't allow you to, it is probably because the picture is too large. 400x600 is good for most peoples

Thanks GREGZ for down sizeing the pictures.
The pictures are to big and I never can think to use the email setting.
Thanks Tom

P S Gregz, could yiou open the other one for me. Thanks Tom

Last edited:
Great score. You will have a few projects to keep you busy for a weekend or two now huh? In the bottom pic, the big homie on the left, is that a 7-29? Is the throttle on the TOP of the handle? If it is a 7-29 and you ever want to get rid of it, I have been looking for one for a while and would be happy to make a deal.

Real Deal Saws

Man,
Now I know some here are in love with older saws and I've never had a real problem with kickback, but that does remind me of how dangerous some of the older saws are.
Thanks for the pics.
Chad

Great line up you have there. Your day turned better than mine. (playing in the mud buring a water line)

To answer Hoss's question. The big Homelite is a 5-30N belt drive.
I am trying to collect some of the old saws preferably gear drive saws. I have three gear drive: the Homelite in the picture, A Poulan 66, A Homelite super wiz 66. I also have a Remington Super 660 a Remingtom Super 754, a Lancaster, a Titan, a Stihl 050, 056, 031, 028, 012.
I hope to get one running 07 Stihls out of the three I bought.
I buy and sell newer saws on ebay to support my habit. Tom

To ICSO10: I am retired for better than for years now, but I had a honeydew plumbing job one day this week and I would rather dig a water line in the mud than do plumbing work. Anytime I have to use my knees a lot I am in trouble. What part of MS. are you in. Tom

Back