New Spark Plug on 562XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oguruma

Reaction score
Does anybody think that the NGK CMR6H is destined to be the new spark plug for Husky saws? Or know the reason why they even with with a different plug? I was planning on buying a 562XP, but this new spark plug skilled it for me. I already have a healthy supply of the older plugs, and wasn't interested in buying a bunch of a different kind of spark plug.

Really? A different type of spark plug killed the decision on buying a new 562xp?
How often do you go through spark plugs anyways?

I don't get it.
Would be a non-issue for me.

If it's a non-issue for you, you are welcome to buy the saw.

I change spark plugs once a year, and I like to keep spares with me in the field. I'd just as well rather not have to carry two different kinds of plugs.

If it's a non-issue for you, you are welcome to buy the saw.

I change spark plugs once a year, and I like to keep spares with me in the field. I'd just as well rather not have to carry two different kinds of plugs.

Oh, ok. once a year, a few spares, two different kinds.

Have different length chains? Different pitch chains?

Yeah, I'm not gonna buy one. I'll buy one when a good deal on a blown up one comes around. And I'll buy two different spark plugs and be good to go.

No idea what this is about. Perhaps the new plugs are just better. Perhaps you could use the new plugs in other saws, and still use just one plug.

all the difference in the plugs are a heat range. you could use the old plugs without ever likely having an issue. its not that big of a deal. if you really want a 562 and the plug is keeping you from buying it then you really didn't want the sawn to begin with. you would not buy a saw because 1 time a year you swap the plug out and its a different heat range than what you stock. theres 60 minutes in an hr ,1440 minutes in a day and 525600 minutes in a yr,and since you spend 2 minutes changing a plug in that yr it stops you from buying a saw.

I have owned probably close to 25-35 pieces of 2-stroke equipment over the last decade, and have never once made one of those purchases based on a spark plug...

I bought a couple of spare CMR6Hs when I bought my 550 last year, just so I'd have spares if I needed one. I think all 5 series saws use the same plug (550, 545, 555 and 562). When my Stihl FS110R weed whacker was running poorly this fall, I pulled the plug to find that I had replaced the original Bosch with a CMR6H a couple years ago.

I can't imagine making any OPE purchase based on what plug a particular piece of equipment takes?

We change out the OEM plugs of our 3120's as soon as we get them, for Denso's ( the reason being that Denso's are the only brand of plug that have never given us a problem) I have no intention of starting a spark plug war, it's just our experience but if one of the saws had a plug problem & I only had Ngk, Bosch,Champion, or whatever, I would fit it & run the saw & no way would the brand, heat range, etc ever put me off buying, acquiring, a saw I wanted? If buying I would be more interested in what brand of bar & chain where fitted than plug brand /type, if buying a complete saw rather than just a PH

Back