New To Me - Husky 345?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is my first husky and it will be reincarnated into a trail saw for our state wide trail club.

1. First I need a set of manuals for this vintage. I have attached a photo of the serial plate that I need help decoding the year and any other needed information. From initial inspection it has a primer bulb, limiter caps on the carb, and the metal manifold clamp. There are 236 "manuals" (mostly appear to be owners) on the husky web site and it forces you to scroll through them 5 at a time!

2. The chain is shot and the .050 bar groove measures .056" so the bar is shot as well. The sprocket shows noticeable wear but is probably usable. However, would this saw benefit from a 3/8" LP conversion? It currently has 0.325" setup. I will be looking for a welded laminated replacement bar. any suggestions?

3. Anything else that I should consider when rebuilding it? Muffler mod? Additional muffler bracket to keep the muffler from coming loose?

4. Without the service manual I already failed the first test of removing the carburetor. I got the throttle linkage loose but not out and there are a LOT of things preventing access to the carb screws. I was hoping to get a model number.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• Husky 345 Serial Plate.jpg
    Husky 345 Serial Plate.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
2 long cap screws and memorize how linkage sits on throttle.I ran my 345 converted to 346xp NE today. Holey sh%t it rips! You may decide.....Edit: cap screws are pretty easy to get to on 340/345/346/353. Could loosen the isolation screws a little first.They really are easy to disassemble when you know.Just look it up on youtube.I would buy an aftermarket clutch drum/rim drive for it.Then you can alternate chain size if wanted.

Tons of stuff on YouTube for this fam of saws. Same or similar chassis as 346xp/350/351/353 (right?) so search for one of those for some help.

This is my first husky and it will be reincarnated into a trail saw for our state wide trail club.

1. First I need a set of manuals for this vintage. I have attached a photo of the serial plate that I need help decoding the year and any other needed information. From initial inspection it has a primer bulb, limiter caps on the carb, and the metal manifold clamp. There are 236 "manuals" (mostly appear to be owners) on the husky web site and it forces you to scroll through them 5 at a time!

2. The chain is shot and the .050 bar groove measures .056" so the bar is shot as well. The sprocket shows noticeable wear but is probably usable. However, would this saw benefit from a 3/8" LP conversion? It currently has 0.325" setup. I will be looking for a welded laminated replacement bar. any suggestions?

3. Anything else that I should consider when rebuilding it? Muffler mod? Additional muffler bracket to keep the muffler from coming loose?

4. Without the service manual I already failed the first test of removing the carburetor. I got the throttle linkage loose but not out and there are a LOT of things preventing access to the carb screws. I was hoping to get a model number.

Thanks,
Steve
@ray benson... Can you help with the IPL and service manuals? Saw appears to a 2007 vintage based date code on the ignition module. It was not as old as I was led to believe. Carb is a Zama EL32.

Latest posts

Back