new to the business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vipertec

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I and a buddy want to start a tree service but for now only part time,to see how we could do.My question would be as to insurance,what would be the title and possible costs for liability.Could i title as landscaper and be covered or do I have no option other than tree service.I am just trying to keep initial costs down.

I run a part time lawn care service in the summer. My carrier figured 30% of my work would be trees and 70% lawn care. I only have 100k covereage, and the premiums are cheaper. But I don't do very much "big" work. 100k seems like a lot when you take down a 35 ft pine next to a single wide, but imigine an oak falling though a 500k house. That's just my story, These guys are pros, so I'd follow their advice.

Insurance is a matter of safety my friend

I and a buddy want to start a tree service but for now only part time,to see how we could do.My question would be as to insurance,what would be the title and possible costs for liability.Could i title as landscaper and be covered or do I have no option other than tree service.I am just trying to keep initial costs down.[/Sounds like you guys have a great idea by starting your own operation, maybe you see how much your boss is making and want a piece of the pie, I dont know the exact circumstances. But i will tell you that the best insurance policy you can get for yourself is a climbing harness and a good rope with a couple of straps for added security. Thats it, the rest is money for the Insurance company, I mean lets face it, nobody who is drug free and alcohol free is gonna wanna injure themselves anyway, so why waste the dough? just be very careful then save yer pennies and then get some insurance that covers yer buttQUOTE]

Latest posts

Back