New trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterc38

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Picked a new 6 x 10 dump trailer a few weeks back. Finally getting a chance to use it. I need to put wood on the sides so I can stack higher. :)

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Very nice.

Stack the wood in there, and you'll get much more.

3' sides/front should get you plenty full to make each trip count, cord and a half or so.

2 cords will need more than 4' sides, and that'll potentially weigh 8400 #.

Nice Rig!

I almost bought the 5x8 5K lb, single axle version, but went for a 3900 lb non-tilt, steel side to save $$$ and raw trailer weight.

However, the tilt feature would come in real handy.

They make a great trailer.

GVWR is 9,998 .lbs

Hmmmm.....
That's funny!!!!:D

That is the exact weight of my Tractor on my trailer, and my neighbors as well!

Matter of fact, a Full load of fruit on that same trailer always weighs in at 9,999lbs. LOL!!

Avoiding that stupid DOT sticker crap is worth it...

Nice Trailer!
I'm needing one similar.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Very Nice!! Congrats, should serve you well, not to mention the convienence!
Is the tailgate a 2 way open?? meaning, truck style and gate style.

Just clicked in my thick head--- new trailer and 371, man good on you!!
What did you stumble into? and would you mind passing it along! :)

Those 5 bolt Hubs are not rated for 9998 lbs and the tires and wheels are probably not either.... It looks like a 3.5 ton GVWR trailer to me..

Scott

Those 5 bolt Hubs are not rated for 9998 lbs and the tires and wheels are probably not either.... It looks like a 3.5 ton GVWR trailer to me..

Scott

Scott,

I guess I can only go by the manufacturers specifications for model#10-610 LPDT which is what I bought.

http://www.maxumtrailers.com/lpdt.php

GVWR: 9,998 lbs.
Empty Weight: 2,080 lbs.
Payload: 7,918 lbs.
Axle Capacity: 6,000 lbs.
Tire Size: 225/75D15LRD

The 5 lug trailer is the 8-610LPDT the 10-610LPDT uses a 6 bolt wheel Also the manufacture is using a 30+% tongue weight method that does not sit well with D.O.T. roadchecks.

A 5 lug 15" wheel has a max rating of 1820 pounds per for a gross on a tandem of 7280 pounds

Scott

Last edited:
The 5 lug trailer is the 8-610LPDT the 10-610LPDT uses a 6 bolt wheel Also the manufacture is using a 30+% tongue weight method that does not sit well with D.O.T. roadchecks.

A 5 lug 15" wheel has a max rating of 1820 pounds per for a gross on a tandem of 7280 pounds

Scott

I believe I have a copy of a ticket to second that...

You guys know your trailers...I'm freakin lost in the lug thing...can we talk fishing reels?
There's just some things I ain't got a clue on....like what makes a woman happy or doing my taxes....
now if ya wanna talk breeding habits of the mighty bluegill I can go there....LOL

Last edited:
Very cool, you will get your moneys worth out of that.

My next trailer is gonna be a 12-14' 12K pound dumper...theres been too many times that I needed it and had to make due with what I have

Nice trailer. Before long it may look like mine. Beat up, but still working well. Just don't do what I did and dent the middle of the bed by dropping a rock in it. It was raining and a 3-4 ton rock slipped out of the bucket with only about 2" to go, but it was enough to make a good dent.

I have got to make myself a 2 way gate on mine. Right now it is only truck style. Could you possibly take a picture of your gate for me?
Thanks and congrats.... You will really come to love the trailer for the amount it saves your back.

Back