New Tribe Onyx???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomWoodsman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, I am issued a 1rst gen Sherrill edge for work and I like it alot, I am looking to put together a personal rig for myself so that I am not using my work gear for side work I would like to get another edge with the upgrades rigging plate bridge that came out this year but also I saw this ...

onyx-info

Ive always wondered about new tribe but have never seen any in my neck of the woods any thoughts on this saddle with the rope bridge conversion?

thanks

Hi all, I am issued a 1rst gen Sherrill edge for work and I like it alot, I am looking to put together a personal rig for myself so that I am not using my work gear for side work I would like to get another edge with the upgrades rigging plate bridge that came out this year but also I saw this ...

onyx-info

Ive always wondered about new tribe but have never seen any in my neck of the woods any thoughts on this saddle with the rope bridge conversion?

thanks
I work with it. It is a wonderful saddle to sit, hang and work in, even upside down. It is so much fun to work in, it is almost relaxating. The best office chair I ever had. The rope bridge plates I use to attatch my fliplines to, which is way more comfortabele than using the hip Drings

I ordered an onyx a few days ago. Anxiously waiting on it to come in the mail. After tons of research I really found nothing comparable. I wanted a rope bridge with rigging plates and something that would allow good freedom of movement when climbing the tree (not the rope), and also be comfortable during long hangs. I do a fair amount of crane work so that is a necessity. I read a review that someone posted saying it was like being in a recliner when the crane lifted them. Hope that is the case. I should have it dialed in this weekend and get some work time on it next week. I'll let you know how it goes...

Just to update: got the onyx in, took a little time of hanging from a collar tie in the house to dial her in. All I can say is I am super pleased with the comfort when hanging. Other than that I have only climbed a few times in it as work has been slow lately. From what I can tell it is pretty much everything I wanted as far as balancing comfort and mobility. My only complaint is minor. I use paddle biners to hang chainsaws from and the slots on the onyx allow them to flop around too easily. Hopefully the new dmm or rock exotica hooks will remedy that situation. I Just dont trust several hundred dollars of saw on a plastic caritool.

On my Onyx I use de large sized Caritool of Petzl. It is very light but strong enough to carry my largest chainsaw. The only issue I had with the Caritool is that the metal spring closure was ripped off by a branch while I climbed a tree. When it fell below the tree I had really difficulties finding it back. When it is lost, it is impossible to reorder the little metal closure alone. You have to pay the price for a whole new one, however it is not expensive when you compare it with the metal hooks.

onyx-info

thanks
R are r eat rEssex vixen

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I work with it. It is a wonderful saddle to sit, hang and work in, even upside down. It is so much fun to work in, it is almost relaxating. The best office chair I ever had. The rope bridge plates I use to attatch my fliplines to, which is way more comfortabele than using the hip Drings
We w w r we sex o5 r er%zx6 at x
I ordered an onyx a few days ago. Anxiously waiting on it to come in the mail. After tons of research I really found nothing comparable. I wanted a rope bridge with rigging plates and something that would allow good freedom of movement when climbing the tree (not the rope), and also be comfortable during long hangs. I do a fair amount of crane work so that is a necessity. I read a review that someone posted saying it was like being in a recliner when the crane lifted them. Hope that is the case. I should have it dialed in this weekend and get some work time on it next week. I'll let you know how it goes...

onyx-info

thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On my Onyx I use de large sized Caritool of Petzl. It is very light but strong enough to carry my largest chainsaw. The only issue I had with the Caritool is that the metal spring closure was ripped off by a branch while I climbed a tree. When it fell below the tree I had really difficulties finding it back. When it is lost, it is impossible to reorder the little metal closure alone. You have to pay the price for a whole new one, however it is not expensive when you compare it with the metal hooks.
Ive buried 5 min epoxy into the back cavity and solved those issues. Light & bomb proof now

Back