new updated 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,
Help me out here. Ifn i remember this saw had a few issues on its initial rollout and that was delayed, then the saw was pulled from shelves after a re-rollout. Then the saw finally was given a corporate blessing and it was hailed as "THE" 60cc saw to beat.
Dont get me wrong, i ran one with Spike at a GTG and i was thoroughly impressed by it. I wanted one and have no need for a 60cc saw. For me its either a 50cc limber or a 70cc firewood saw. What gives, is it a problem child or a golden child.

Guys,
Help me out here. Ifn i remember this saw had a few issues on its initial rollout and that was delayed, then the saw was pulled from shelves after a re-rollout. Then the saw finally was given a corporate blessing and it was hailed as "THE" 60cc saw to beat.
Dont get me wrong, i ran one with Spike at a GTG and i was thoroughly impressed by it. I wanted one and have no need for a 60cc saw. For me its either a 50cc limber or a 70cc firewood saw. What gives, is it a problem child or a golden child.

Hard for me to say honestly my first one was nothing but problems, this new one has screamed right from the box without any issues so far but its only been 4 tanks today, but there wasn't any bogging or starting issues i didn't even need to set fast idle after it warmed up it just started on the first pull i'm hoping it stays this way but time will tell i guess.

No not this one i didn't this one screamed right out if the box, but i had a lot of trouble with the first one from the get go.

Im not saying your full of BS in anyway i even read that in the manual but it seems kind of hard to find a log to run wide open for 3-5 minutes straight in.

Slap an alaskan mill on it.

no issues with mine ever, or my 550

ordered a 550xpg and the dealer offerred to do same as C5 rulz spoke of-

I am no mechanic and make no pretense of being one. If I were to take a guess this may explain things.

The line running from the tank to the carb is an EPA requirement much in the same train of thought as the evaporative emissions on a car. The thought that the gas fumes that would evaporate out of a chainsaw surely could end life as we know it. My dealer contacted Husqvarna tech about this and they could not endorse his fix. He has been sending out saws like this and hasn't had any problems since the first one he saw. The check valve he installs is off Echo equipment. So there, he is interracial in his solution so all should be happy and sing Kum By Ya, (or however you spell it)

My 562 runs like a Banshee.:msp_w00t::clap:

I am no mechanic and make no pretense of being one. If I were to take a guess this may explain things.

The line running from the tank to the carb is an EPA requirement much in the same train of thought as the evaporative emissions on a car. The thought that the gas fumes that would evaporate out of a chainsaw surely could end life as we know it. My dealer contacted Husqvarna tech about this and they could not endorse his fix. He has been sending out saws like this and hasn't had any problems since the first one he saw. The check valve he installs is off Echo equipment. So there, he is interracial in his solution so all should be happy and sing Kum By Ya, (or however you spell it)

here is mine is this what you were talking about

here is mine is this what you were talking about

No

Here is the capped off carb inlet and check valve.

2d9uy5y.jpg

wc0ara.jpg

562xp

[video=youtube;ztUXxR5EZpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztUXxR5EZpQ[/video]

just curious how many tanks of fuel thru that saw and how many starts-

yes, being nosey

about 4 tanks today and i have no diagnostic tool but i would say started 10 to 15 times

1. No EPA requirement what so ever, the only place in the world that the EPA means anything is in the USA, they did not build a "special" saw for that market.

2. The line from the tank vent is to salvage fumes from the fuel tank and fuel in a failed tank vent situation/overpressurization.

3. The same said line with a one way check valve is defeating the purpose of the tank vent, as the tank vent permits both vaccum and pressure to take place.

4. Your "dealer" installed "check valve" is a two-way tank vent, you are correct it is an Echo part.

5. Your "dealer" is messing with the warranty status of them saws before they go out the door.

Don,

Whats the year and build date of your saw? If anything you may need a software update, as the hesitation off idle can usually be solved by resetting the fuel values, or a update. Does it hesitate of idle after a good cut?

Don,

Whats the year and build date of your saw? If anything you may need a software update, as the hesitation off idle can usually be solved by resetting the fuel values, or a update. Does it hesitate of idle after a good cut?

not sure of the build date but the year is 2012 it hesitates every time after the saw warms up

Last edited:
1. No EPA requirement what so ever, the only place in the world that the EPA means anything is in the USA, they did not build a "special" saw for that market.

Perhaps this will be futile, but I will try.

From Madsens, I believe they are somewhat familiar with chainsaws:

The Facts on Today's Pro Saws

Today’s pro saws, and all new hand held power equipment sold in the US, meets emission specifications set by the Environmental Protection Agency. We are often asked about these regulations and their affect on pro saw performance. The following are some questions and answers we've compiled on the subject.

Q: What does the EPA regulation do to pro saws?

A: The EPA regulation is complex, but basically today's saws are designed to produce less harmful emissions - less carbon monoxide (CO), hydrocarbon (HC), and nitrogen oxide (NOx). The amount each saw model is allowed to emit varies and is based on its power output. Large and powerful pro saws are allowed to produce more emissions than smaller less powerful saws.

This is a Husqvarna 575XP. It is designed using stratified charge technology. New versions of this saw also have a "self-adjusting" electronic carburetor. This is a step closer to what we believe will soon become electronic fuel injection or more accurately "electronic engine management."

Q: How do saw manufactures make saws that emit less pollution?

A: One way is to use less fuel in the air/fuel mixture. In short, the engine is run leaner. This creates some challenges for chain saw manufacturers. Lean running engines tend to be over-revved and they tend to operate at higher temperatures. Some manufacturers also fit their saws with catalytic converters. These devices are part of the muffler. They reduce HC emissions by burning fuel in the exhaust that didn't get burned in the combustion chamber.

Some of today's pro saws employ engines designed using "stratified charge" technology. In this design, a saw's transfer ports are filled with air while and air/fuel mixture fills the crankcase. During transfer, the first portion that enters the combustion chamber has no fuel in it. This is the portion that usually leaks out the exhaust port, so this helps reduce HC output. This is an effective design, with minimal impact on the performance of the saw. It is also very effective at reducing HC emissions. You will see more saws that employ this porting as new saw models are introduced.

EPA Saws Q & A

OK, this is interesting in that this specfically mentions Canada:

The Canadian government and manufacturers, having entered into a memorandum of understanding regarding emissions standards, also agree to comply with the emissions standards and test procedures cited in EPA regulations.

From this USDA publication.
http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/html/02511204/02511204.htm

2. The line from the tank vent is to salvage fumes from the fuel tank and fuel in a failed tank vent situation/overpressurization.

OK, so what is the point of running these fumes into the carb if it weren't mandated since it can easily lead to flooding?

3. The same said line with a one way check valve is defeating the purpose of the tank vent, as the tank vent permits both vaccum and pressure to take place.

I prefaced this with admitting, "I am no mechanic". Does this valve allow the tank to vent to the atomosphere, the answer is yes or no?

4. Your "dealer" installed "check valve" is a two-way tank vent, you are correct it is an Echo part.

OK

5. Your "dealer" is messing with the warranty status of them saws before they go out the door.

This part is pretty funny actually. Since he is the handling warranty claims and the saw can be put back to factory condition in seconds, how is that effecting the "warranty status"?

Last edited:
I told ya earlier, it's a multiracial saw.;)

Besides, you still can't make up your mind on the 660.

I always hear an echo when in the woods alone, no big deal :hmm3grin2orange: I made up my mind- 660 is slow and gives me nosebleeds when i lift it :laugh:

i hope you can golf soon, you are getting cabin fever. Maybe get up out of that chair and chase your honey around for a while.

My Dealer modifies the saws before he even starts them. He installs a one way check valve on the tank vent and then caps off the inlet into the carb where the line ran. He said he hasn't had one come back yet after having a problem with an initial sale, and he sells a pile of them.

I think this is the same fix that was used on my CS2260, it seems to have cured the hot start issue.

I always hear an echo when in the woods alone, no big deal :hmm3grin2orange: I made up my mind- 660 is slow and gives me nosebleeds when i lift it :laugh:

You get nosebleeds 3 days a month like clockwork, irregardless if you have a 660.:eek:uttahere2:

i hope you can golf soon, you are getting cabin fever. Maybe get up out of that chair and chase your honey around for a while.

If I want excercise, walking 18 holes will do , chasing "Honey" around results in lumps on my head.:heart:

Back