newbie big tree questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"We have huge trees here, some six feet through Douglas firs that only count at 80-100 rings,some being a half inch or more wide for one season."

I have climbed twice up there with Rob and Jason of Pacific Tree Climbing Institute, Doug Firs well over 200 feet tall. Put our little 100 foot loblollies and cypress to shame. Hope to be back up there summer of 2014. Yes, your winters are pretty much bummer with so much rain, and our winters are very pleasant, we get a lot of sunny days and mild temps. But your August / September are Wonderful Relief from our 95 degrees, 90% humidity, and Storms out on the Gulf Stream.

I take a few chances I probably shouldn't take. I climb alone most of the time (just me and my cell phone). But it sure beats sittin around McDonalds with all the other old men talkin about the things I WISH I had done.

Near Eugene, with Rob and Jason. Picture taken from out on the Traverse line at a little under 200 feet high. You do got some beautiful Douglas Firs up there.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back