Newbie purchaed 562xp-gw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike R

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello folks,
New to the site. Been lurking for the last six months. Little back ground info...have a small acreage in northern Alberta. 2acres. Some tree line that I am trying to clear. Trees are mostly popular up to 10"diam.
Had a echo cs-530. It was a good saw but I wasn't sold on the anti vibe on it. So the other day I was at the saw shop and they gave me a great deal on a 562xp-GW w/ 20" b/c. I jumped on it. Now that I have it home I am thinking it might be too much of a saw, if there is such a thing. So I was thinking about trading down to another 50cc pro saw. My question is .... Will I regret the down size .... Is it just a case of getting use to the 60cc saw....is there truly a noticeable difference in weight between the 50cc and the 60cc , I know the numbers show there is but in real world sistuation is it considerable ... I am only a homeowner with hopes of buying more land in the future thanks. And what a great site. I have CAD setting in so I am good with a two saw plan. So keep the 562 and get a 40cc or get the 50cc for now and later get a 70cc

I like using the smallest saw for the job. A great 60cc saw will handle tons of timber.
With only 10" diameter stuff you may find a great 40cc saw to be very useful.
The 40/ 60 combo works very well for many guys. However a single 50cc saw will do a lot and many will argue is the best size for a single saw plan.
I know this doesn't give much help. So I will also add if you are only going to be cutting on your 2 acres then a saw like the 562 could clear it all of on very short order. I can clear about a 1/2 acre in 3 -6 weekends of steady work with my 60cc saw.

Thanks for the replies guys!! I guess I should start looking at some 40cc options...any suggestions

Hey crzybowhntr I see by your sig you have a 562xp and 550xp....is there a noticeable weight difference

i would not even consider a 550 over a 562 but then again, i don't have much use for either. i've been thinking of selling my ported 562 xpw cause it just sits. my 550 sat more though when i had it. can't wait for the large cc AT saws.

Oh I forgot and a great price. Husky and Stihl charges $200 plus for a 40cc that many say is not any improvement over the 421

Wow blsnelling.... Those are some awesome vids , thanks!! The ms 241 does look like s strong little runner !!

I haven't ran a 241 yet, they look pretty sweet, but for the money, this little Makita ea4300/Dolmar 421 is a pro quality build at a much lower price. It feels as strong as my OE346. I think it's great bang for the buck.

I haven't ran a 241 yet, they look pretty sweet, but for the money, this little Makita ea4300/Dolmar 421 is a pro quality build at a much lower price. It feels as strong as my OE346. I think it's great bang for the buck.

Bang for buck for an occasional firewooder ?..no doubt.

It may be one of the best deals there is for a chainsaw.

Back