Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the only thing I dont like about them is the plastic handles. Not sure why they dont put metal ones on them?? They do on the 241 VW C-M's. I thought about buying a handle for the VW 241 and putting it on, but not hooking up the wires for the heated handle. You would also need the upper AV spring from a VW.
U would like the heatshrink. Slide it on and put the heat gun to it. 1 1/2" with glue inside. Perfect snug fit

I will look into it, they sell that at the local Napa in bulk or by the inch. I have a new heat gun I only used once might give it a try.
Where the bends r it will crease up but just give it a minute and reheat and eventually it will level right out

Put the saw on start and crank it and dont blip the throttle for 90 sec. Cut it off , recrank, and go make 5 loaded cuts and its done

Put the saw on start and crank it and dont blip the throttle for 90 sec. Cut it off , recrank, and go make 5 loaded cuts and its done
Thanks. Same procedure for the 261cm? Nice saw by the way.

Andrew.......how does that new one compare to the older one? I changed up the port timing numbers a little.

Dont know yet Randy havnt given it a good run, having a week or so off cutting wood for a change.
How did you change the timing number to improve in what area ?.

I started off hating this saw. I couldn't get anyone to buy it from my shop, so I just added it to my fleet as the excavator/firewood processor limbing/topping saw. After a few tanks this little saw really took off. I'm going to MM it when I get back from vacation and see what transpires. I switched mine to .325 /.063 Stihl Rm chain. I didn't see much difference other than I feel I go longer between sharpening with this chain. I do so much sub 16" wood that this saw makes total sense for me. I second the comments that it is tough to bog down, which is amazing for a saw this small.

I started off hating this saw. I couldn't get anyone to buy it from my shop, so I just added it to my fleet as the excavator/firewood processor limbing/topping saw. After a few tanks this little saw really took off. I'm going to MM it when I get back from vacation and see what transpires. I switched mine to .325 /.063 Stihl Rm chain. I didn't see much difference other than I feel I go longer between sharpening with this chain. I do so much sub 16" wood that this saw makes total sense for me. I second the comments that it is tough to bog down, which is amazing for a saw this small.
I agree! When I really leaned on it is where I was most impressed. AK do u notice if the saw self feeds better with the picco or .325?

I think it self feeds better with .325, but I also switched over when the picco was dull, so it's tainted my impression somewhat. Using that saw around my heavy equipment and the processor means dirty wood, so the .325 is better for me in this case.

In clean wood don't underestimate picco. It is FAST but unfortunately it doesn't last long in dirty wood. Personally I use Stihl 26RM or Carlton K3C because I cut in pretty abrasive conditions but I wouldn't hesitate in using picco under clean conditions. The 241C is a cracker little saw though, that's for sure.

Ya Mastermech did a test with .325, 3/8, and 3/8 picco. The picco was 3 sec. Faster in the same wood with a 261c

The picco rim is also the same diameter as an 8 tooth .325" rim so chain speed is pretty quick too. Running a 7 tooth .325" rim isn't exactly a fair comparison.

He did test with all rim sprockets on all sizes. No spurs. 7 and 8 pin on all the chain sizes. The fastest of the lot was 3/8 picco 8 pin

Latest posts

Back