Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did test with all rim sprockets on all sizes. No spurs. 7 and 8 pin on all the chain sizes. The fastest of the lot was 3/8 picco 8 pin

Cool. The 8 tooth picco rims are hard to find. In harder wood my stock 241 is faster with a 7 tooth .325" rim than an 8 tooth but in picco it would pull it easily.

Ya I can tell the 6 tooth spur that comes on it is holding it back so I ordereded the rim kit and a 7 and 8 pin sprockets in picco. Ill mostly be cutting clean green so I think the picco will work good. Im gonna square file some to see of the shoulder support on the square vs the fine point on the round will stay sharper?

Ya I can tell the 6 tooth spur that comes on it is holding it back so I ordereded the rim kit and a 7 and 8 pin sprockets in picco. Ill mostly be cutting clean green so I think the picco will work good. Im gonna square file some to see of the shoulder support on the square vs the fine point on the round will stay sharper?

I've heard a few people say that square stays sharper for longer than round filed chisel although I've found the opposite.

The picco filed at 35 makes a small fine point that seems to damage pretty easy. Im thinkin the square with the extra shoulder support may stay sharper on the picco but on larger chain round may stay sharper longer?

I'm running the 7t .325 sprocket off of a 251. I don't know if an 8T would go very well with that size chain in my wood. In reality it really doesn't matter to me. I won't be changing anytime soon. Cutting off small tops and odd limbs before it goes into the processor is all this saw will see this year.

Latest posts

Back