Nice 034

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked up today for cheap. Not beat to hell like the last one I had. Bought it off the originaal owner who was a real nice guy, even delivered it to my house! He bought it new in the early '90s as his firewood saw, hasnt used it in 3 years. Its in great shape and will clean up nice, no broken or worn parts. It has great compression, the 20'' bar and chain have plenty left too. I wont be selling this one like the last one. My neighbors dad has a lot of Stihls, (2) 056s, (2) 076s, an 090 and an 090G, an 044 that my buddy (his son) uses and an 034. He says he like and uses the 034 the most on his 90 acres and was really mad when he heard I sold mine. Ill go thru it and look forward to running it.

Looks nice. The 034 I have has been a good saw..been used a lot! My dad traded an old homelite xl 12 for the 034 in 1986. It was almost new then, less than a yr old. Dad gave it two me 3 yrs ago. Anyhow, hope you get good use out of yours.

Nice saw Joe. I like saws in the 50 to 65 cc range and I find that they will cut just about anything I've come across. I just cut up a 33" cotton wood with a Poulan 3700 and a 20" bar. No problem. If it were me I would leave the 20" bar on it.

Oh I have a couple of 036's also.

Nice saw Joe. I like saws in the 50 to 65 cc range and I find that they will cut just about anything I've come across. I just cut up a 33" cotton wood with a Poulan 3700 and a 20" bar. No problem. If it were me I would leave the 20" bar on it.

Oh I have a couple of 036's also.

I like those saws as well. I used my 3700 with a 20" bar the other day on a real miserable job taking a big oak stump down, it's got plenty of grunt for that, even had a 28" on it for some huge maple last year.
I'll probably leave the 20" on it an keep a sharp chain.

On my 034, with a 20" bar, I use .325" RSC chain and a 7 pin drive. It's bloody hard to stop even buried in Fir. For cotton wood, I have a 3/8, 20" bar and full skip oregon chain.
I also took all the tin out of the inside of the muffler and pushed the outlet open farther. This thing REALLY runs good!

Latest posts

Back