Nice day to start refilling my wood racks! (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creaid

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
friday sure was a nice day to start refilling my wood racks for next year. I had a logger bring me a dump truck load of logs for $100.00. He dumped 9 longs 16 to 27 inches in diameter, 10 to 14 foot lengths. Anyone care to guess how much wood is there split? It is all the wood on the ground. Does that seem like a pretty good deal?

Nice looking setup you've got there. I'd say somewhere around 3 cords of wood. Real good deal around here, especially delivered. How much wood does each rack hold?

That is a great looking set up you got there and a nice looking load of wood for a 100 bucks.

Wow...those are nice looking racks!

I like them -- doesn't look terribly expensive, plus they're small enough you can move them in the future if you want.

I printed picture of the racks to use as a pattern

Good load of wood, definately worth more than $100 bucks! I am going to build a woodshed...but now plan on building 2 of these as moveable sides of the wood shed.

Thanks,

Dave

Nice logs, I'd be torn between firewood and milling them for lumber to build nice racks, especially since that white oak stands up to outdoor use so well.

Good deal all around.

Nice neat operation you have there creaid... tell me, is it true that fire wood will rot there in 4 years because of the weather? I read that somewhere on line and was curious.

edit...a dump truck load of logs for only 100? Yes good deal.

Last edited:
Nice neat operation you have there creaid... tell me, is it true that fire wood will rot there in 4 years because of the weather? I read that somewhere on line and was curious.

edit...a dump truck load of logs for only 100? Yes good deal.

I'm not sure, Never had any firewood sit for more than 2 years.

Those racks are pretty creative. I built something like that, but no where near as solid. That would be great to store away for the summer, and then move up to the house with the front end loader forks when winter hits.

Back