Nice load of free oak!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nparch726

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found some folks that wanted some downed oaks cleaned up so I went over there today and hauled home a nice heaping pickup load! Going back for more tomorrow, there's at least another 4 or 5 pickup loads, it's almost too easy, I can get the truck backed in right next to the wood, gotta love it!

I was all excited and thought everything was going great, got home and hooked up the splitter (I have a skid steer, so of course I had to build a log splitter attachment) went to split the first piece and one of the hydraulic couplers decided to spring a leak and spray oil everywhere, damn thing!

I just knew everything was going too good! :givebeer:

Free Oak

I told my wife last night that I think I might have died and gone to heaven...A guy down the street from the office had four chestnut oaks cut out of his yard. Each averaged about 18 - 20" diameter chest high. All I had to do was leave my trailer at his curb and the guys he hired cut the wood to 18 inch lengths and loaded the trailer (three loads). Ended up with about two cords of wood that all I had to do was split and stack. I love working my chain saw but it sure was nice having someone else doing the labor.

A buudy of mine just cut down a 200 year old oak in his back yard, I got everything except a 10 foot section out of the trunk he is having milled :cheers:

Back