No fire tonight!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up staying back at work, cycled home just after sunset 7pm. It was still 40deg.... not nice.
That's a long hot ride. About an hour the way I ride. This time of year it's pitch black dark by 7:00PM. Is it that way down there too?

Sun set is around 7pm at the moment, dont forget we are one month out from the summer solstice here in the southern hemisphere. Sydney is around the same latitude as the Mexican US boarder so we dont get the realy long days as you guys further away from the equartor.
The other thing you would find weired is the sun is on an ark and in the north not south. You would find our christmas's very weird too usually very hot.

Why even burn wood in a climate like that . Must not get very cold there in the winter

I can assure you no fires in summer. We have frost in winter but no snow in Sydney, were I live its in a valley surrounded by trees so the house keeps cool without solar heat coming in through the windows. We have the fire on most nights in winter. They say its much cooler at the equivalent lattitude in the southern hemisphere, something to do with the pole being surrounded by water.

I'd much rather than the -15* temps we have been having vs almost 110*!

Crazyness here though, went from -15* to now it's about 30* in just a day. The weather guessers said 100% chance of rain tonight yesterday. Now they are calling for 4-10" of snow over the next 2 days.
I don't get how it could be a 100% chance of rain but not?! Talk about being 100% wrong!

A year and a bit on,
I just uploaded my ride off the bike computer from the commute home on Friday, it was only 43°C but 51°C riding on the road (that's 124°F). It honestly felt like riding into the open door of a fan forced oven!
We had an absolute scorcher on Saturday it was 47°C in the shade. No way I would have ridden on Saturday it was the hottest conditions I have ever experienced and the highest temp (in my suburb) since the 1930s.

upload_2017-2-13_8-18-59.png

Well if you weren't in a real good shape you would just flat out die not even half way through the trip!!! Whaauu that's sheer crazy temps there. Now I understand why you ride a bike to commute. If you rode your car it would get a heatstroke over the first crest! Do Aussie cars get an oversized radiator or do you fill a reservoir in front of the radiator dry ice before driving???

Motorsen

Back