NO WHINING

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, i didn't think this would end up about tapes. Oh well..... I'll hangout in the background till firewooder's show up.

Let's see a pic of these Husky tapes.

Here's what's on Husky's site

557a85c7.jpg

Ya, I wish I had taken more vids than what I did, but there is still lots of time and so much more timber.BTw, that's a 75 Spencer, as though I ever needed one that long. Lol

Us forestry types use the 75 footers almost exclusively because we need to get to 66 feet to use the topo scale on our clinometers for measuring heights. We also use the double-sided tape refills with diameter on the opposite side, which means we can only wrap the first 4 inches with tape so we don't cover up the zero on the diameter side. We break them mostly by walking off the end and grinding the gears, or by snapping the nail end off rewinding.

I seldom had to go over 50, because in hardwoods max mertchantable averaged 32' plus the crown.
I think I have one 50' refill and the dispensor. Like bootlaces Im gentle on the tape.
Sometimes I kick the tag end out, depends on what the trees worth. Lol
Spencer is the best product, I don't care what Shane (WC90) says. He's just another coastal cull. Lol

here's one from google for now though. they are the best. i used to think spencer tapes couldn't be matched til i tried these. way better. you can see the notches on the drum where the latch locks in. the tension can be adjusted in seconds and it can be pulled apart for a full service without any tools at all without a headache in the woods in the pissing rain. spencers suck! LOL none of the guys out here manage to kill them. also keep in mind i was a spencer guy before i tried these. john is the master of all culls!!!

forest-measuring-tape-5e12203b.png

Us forestry types use the 75 footers almost exclusively because we need to get to 66 feet to use the topo scale on our clinometers for measuring heights. We also use the double-sided tape refills with diameter on the opposite side, which means we can only wrap the first 4 inches with tape so we don't cover up the zero on the diameter side. We break them mostly by walking off the end and grinding the gears, or by snapping the nail end off rewinding.

do you actually work in forestry? think i saw a pic of you in the PNW GTG thread. you surely did not look like a hardened forestry professional!

Back