non cat muffler jred 2165

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwarren2165

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am using a 16 in bar on my jonsered 2165 cut through hardwood like butter. However I want more out of it. Can I get a non-cat muffler for it and where can I get one that would bolt on. Also would that void my warranty?

I bought the same saw about a year ago and it came without a cat muffler. The manufacturer website does not show the 2165 having a cat muffler. Pull it off and have a look:cheers:

I read that if it has a green cap it is a cat muffler. how do you like yours I love mine but Im always up for easier cutting.

I heard the same about the green cap but mine has a black one. I love the saw....its got alot more power than my FIL's 2159 without breaking the bank as bad as the 2171(someday) Currently I'm working on making up a modded muffler for it so I guess I couldnt complain about getting more out of it too:greenchainsaw:
Been checking Baileys but that muffler is always out of stock. I just want to get the cheaper aftermarket one in case I screw up!

Here's the non-rocket science 2165 muffler mod, gives noticeable extra kick, but you need decent earmuffs with it..

dkj.jpg

I always wear ppe so ill be drilling holes in my muffler tomorrow will that void my warranty. Yes now Im saving for the 2186

Well, I know chainsaw shops, warranty shmarranty, all you need do is touch a screw-head with a screwdriver - and bam! there goes the warranty out the door.. :censored:

Latest posts

Back