Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got the wood, not sure if this oak would be good for a maul but I've made some ax, froe and hatchets out of it. I'll have some rough blanks ready if you want to make it yourself.

No problem. Friday morning Atpchas wants us to look at some trees on his ranch. I figured you, Slowp, and I could do that. If Nathan and 2dogs are there they'd be welcome too. Between all of us we should be able to give Charlie the information he needs.

If I can get rolling early enough on Friday morning I'll swing by Charlie's ranch for some learning.

That's ok, at least we still have the footage. Alia has some good video and pics from last year too. Maybe we can combine them and burn last year and this years all together on one cd. We can use Bruce's office here at the park.

What time are you folks meeting up at the ranch? Will I need a combo for the gate? Looking forward to seeing you again.

Dunno. We'll be at the park Thursday afternoon. I told Charlie we'd call him then and decide on the details for Friday. I was thinking going fairly early...not logger early....on Friday morning. Slowp and Kevin will be there too.

It is looking like it is possible that I will be able to make it before noon Friday, if the pass is favorable, and I stay on I-5 on the way down and instead drive 101 on the way back. This is the current plan. Also, I'm bringing my younger brother. He's not one to pass up a road trip.

Hey Kevin, did you ever put that froe to use? I have borrowed a shavehorse from the mill and we have all that nice oak that we cut up last year. Bring some ax, maul, hammer, ect, heads and let's rehandle them. Could be a fun evening project.
ya found some old shake blocks and made some shingles jest to try it. i will bring my draw knife and some axe heads

I moved the chipper and bucket truck so we have a little more room down there. Aaron, I put a new ignition switch in the truck because we somehow lost the key.... Then I drove it for a bit and it stalled then wouldn't start, the batt died (its trickle charging now). Don't know if you want to mess with it this weekend or not, either way is fine. I'll try to get it going later today and keep you posted

Back