Northeast GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a week or 2 of this being up here and a date already been planned, my wife already took the time off also... We'd best leave it alone. We want as many people as possible to come I think...

:cheers: eh?:confused:

I'm watching the weather. If it's going to be warm enough for wife to wear that bikini I'm thinking it's a north eastern gtg for me. :monkey:

:biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

I'm watching the weather. If it's going to be warm enough for wife to wear that bikini I'm thinking it's a north eastern gtg for me. :monkey:

:biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

I'm sure she will be planning on running some saws as well.......... Bikini and PPE????
Hi Samantha

Scott

muffler modders?

Will there be anyone going that has experience modding a 361's muffler/ carb. tuning? I have a freshy one that I'm working on getting broken in and should be ready to let it run about then.

I'm a little reluctant to do it myself, looking for some experienced modder input that may be coming to the GTG.

Thanks,

Tim

Well???

I'm sure she will be planning on running some saws as well.......... Bikini and PPE????
Hi Samantha

Scott

I'll be there. I'm going to be disowned by the family, but oh well... Her sister is getting married that weekend. Just found out. Chik'n might not be, but since she's feuding with her sister, it could work out she'll be there. Oh well, chainsaws come but once a year, hell people get married all the time, lmao...

hehehehehehe :cheers: eh?

Under Const.

Well it looks like that weekend we will be under construction as well. If all goes as planned were adding a 2100 sq ft building onto the back and maybe a 500 sq ft addition to the east side of the store. the 35 x 60 on the rear will be all shop, the existing shop will become more showroom, more small wholegoods storage and a 20 x 40 bay for new equipment assembly and prep. The 16 x 60 on the east side will add one more office and the rest more parts storage. So lets see Spring Rush (commercial mowing equip) has started, a const. project, and a GTG I guess our hands will be full???????

Scott

Well it looks like that weekend we will be under construction as well. If all goes as planned were adding a 2100 sq ft building onto the back and maybe a 500 sq ft addition to the east side of the store. the 35 x 60 on the rear will be all shop, the existing shop will become more showroom, more small wholegoods storage and a 20 x 40 bay for new equipment assembly and prep. The 16 x 60 on the east side will add one more office and the rest more parts storage. So lets see Spring Rush (commercial mowing equip) has started, a const. project, and a GTG I guess our hands will be full???????
Scott

We cut 2X4's, too! Just make sure you "measure twice"...:hmm3grin2orange:

this sounds like fun. my big husky 2100 told me to sharpen the chain and get in the truck.
mickey

Cants?

It would be great to have some 10x10 pine cants lined up. We could gather some names on a sheet and break things out into some classes like: a) 0-50cc, b) 0-80cc, c) 0-100cc and d) open class.

All classes except d) would be strictly muffler modded saws with one piece heads running on gas. The open class could be "run-what-ya-brung" (fuel, pipes, two piece heads, bike saws).

You could have a muffler saw for, say, the 80cc class (like a Dolmar 7900), run it, then slap a pipe on it and run it in the open class.

If enough people have 880s or 3120s, we could add a 0-150cc class for muffler gas saws.

A couple guys with a stop watch is usually sufficient for timing.

What do you think?

Cuttinscott, So the date is May 16th, and the location is at your shop? (the address in your signature?) Will there be actual racing, like with log stands and timers? if so what wood? I'll drive down for some competition'.:) Thanks.

It would be great to have some 10x10 pine cants lined up. We could gather some names on a sheet and break things out into some classes like: a) 0-50cc, b) 0-80cc, c) 0-100cc and d) open class.

All classes except d) would be strictly muffler modded saws with one piece heads running on gas. The open class could be "run-what-ya-brung" (fuel, pipes, two piece heads, bike saws).

You could have a muffler saw for, say, the 80cc class (like a Dolmar 7900), run it, then slap a pipe on it and run it in the open class.

If enough people have 880s or 3120s, we could add a 0-150cc class for muffler gas saws.

A couple guys with a stop watch is usually sufficient for timing.

What do you think?

Well I will have to get some pine and have it sawed into cant's. As far as timers I am sure we will be pretty busy so if timers are needed looking for volunteers with stopwatches and video equip? As far as saw classes we will have to see what shows up and then class them.

Cuttinscott, So the date is May 16th, and the location is at your shop? (the address in your signature?) Will there be actual racing, like with log stands and timers? if so what wood? I'll drive down for some competition'.:) Thanks.

Yes the date is May 16 Saturday with a rain date of Sunday the 17th. Log stands all I have is forklifts so if anyone has some stands that would help. Hey Local guys if we are setting up a racing event I will need volunteers maybe on Friday to help setup..

Also I will have to have insurance release papers drawn up for competitors..

Yes the Location is here at The Cutting Edge, Rt 29 Greenwich

Scott

Well, before you go through the trouble (and expense) of getting some square wood for racing, let's see if there's enough people who want to race. Sometimes, guys just want to run their saws and kind of "eye-ball it" to see which is faster. Other times, there's enough guys that want to get some more precise times measured.

I know that some of us here had quite a bit of fun up at Jok3ers place near Mexico, NY. Ed brought some turned down (round logs) and there was a sign-up sheet, three timers and then a whole bunch of food to eat when it was all done.

count me and 1 or 2 others in for racing. If the wood isn't squared that's OK....whatever you can get is fine. Just something soft please, pine or aspen. Some guys have chains that they don't want to damage.

I may be able to donate a cant or two. I have a boat load of pine logs, i could mill one or two up. 12x12 good?

I may be able to donate a cant or two. I have a boat load of pine logs, i could mill one or two up. 12x12 good?

sounds fine to me. Will it be live start? dead start? over-the-block? Doesn't matter to me, I'm just thankful that Cuttinscott is willing to host the event.:clap:

Last edited:
I'll be going providing that my significant other can get the time off, all 5 of us, maybe 6. I'll run thru whatever u want to, not too particular with it being hardwood or softwood.

Latest posts

Back