NOS Homelite XL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFLOL...that would be awesome wouldn't it? Just hit the button when ya bury the bar in a deep piece of wood. Give ya that little extra bump when ya need it....hehehe. Hmmm...now ya got me thinkin. NOS the company makes what they call a "Sneaky Pete" system. Bottle is probably the same size as a 1L soda bottle. You could wear the bottle on a belt holster and have the hose on a quick disconnect attached to the carb or breather. I'm sure you could find somewhere on the saw to mount the solenoid...hahaha

http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/nos-sneaky-pete-kits.asp

Last edited:
hehe, solenoid, that's cheatin'! Supposed to duct tape it to the side and just point the open valve towards the air intake. Open the valve and hang on!

hehe, solenoid, that's cheatin'! Supposed to duct tape it to the side and just point the open valve towards the air intake. Open the valve and hang on!

D**mit Festus...you're right...Solenoid?!? what the h*ll was I thinking? You're idea is much better!

I bought 2 brandy new ones in the original boxes 2yrs ago. They were made until about 93 so theres bound to be units still hiding in back rooms waiting to be found and sold.
BTW at a GTG last yr we discovered the Super XL will turn 10,000 RPM max.

About 6mos cuttin firewood nearly everyday until the owner filled the tank with a weak mix (1 gallon mix in 2 gal can) and burnt it up.

Thats looks like one of the very last SXL's to roll off the assembly line. They were no longer owned by Textron then , I forget who bought them next. When they started putting safety tips on SXL's and plastic recoils on Super EZ's, the end was very near for Homelite.

Back