Now I see what you guys mean!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroncoRN

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Picked up half a dozen or so large pine logs today to cut up for firewood. Then i made a mistake. I started cutting with the 372xp first. Then i switched to my echo cs440. What a huge difference! There really is no replacement for displacement!!

I had always been impressed with my 44cc echo but that husky is amazing. Guess i just didnt know what i was missing. Apparently ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:
I had an Echo CS-440 and it was a really good saw. I'm sure it would be night-and-day difference for you to jump from a 45cc homeowners' saw to a 72cc professional saw.
The 440 is one you loan out, not the XP. :msp_smile:

I had an Echo CS-440 and it was a really good saw. I'm sure it would be night-and-day difference for you to jump from a 45cc homeowners' saw to a 72cc professional saw.
The 440 is one you loan out, not the XP. :msp_smile:

Don't loan any saw out! It will not be used like you use it! It will be sharpened different.....it will be dirty.....and it might not run when you get it back.......AV might be broken..... IMO.....:hmm3grin2orange:

and that's why i always have a couple wildthinggeys and i love the look of disappointment when they wanted one of the 272's and a i hand them a hunk of purple plastic:laugh:

Last edited:
trying to compair an Echo cs440 to a Husky 372xp is kind of like compairing a Piper Cub to an F-16 ! I have an Echo cs440 and I also have a very strong running J-red 670. I love the Echo and use it for the tasks that it is suited for and use the 670 for the big stuff !!:msp_wink:

There is no replacement for displacement.
You sure can tell the difference when you get a big saw in your hands and wind her up in big wood.

Picked up half a dozen or so large pine logs today to cut up for firewood. Then i made a mistake. I started cutting with the 372xp first. Then i switched to my echo cs440. What a huge difference! There really is no replacement for displacement!!

I had always been impressed with my 44cc echo but that husky is amazing. Guess i just didnt know what i was missing. Apparently ignorance is bliss.

I hear what your saying but never forget even the small saws need lovin too.

I hear what your saying but never forget even the small saws need lovin too.

Oh it definately has its place, but when you're cutting 20+ in wood that poor little echo just doesn't have the stones to pull a 20" bar through that stuff. Maybe a 16" would make a difference. During this little adventure I discovered that the oiler on the 372xp had been turned wayyyyyyy down. After cutting some I looked and thought that bar looks awful dry....so now its wide open. I also noticed that the 372xp oil adjustment screw turns MUCH more than that Echo. The Echo is like 1/2 a turn for mininum to maximum output and that 372xp was something like 2 turns??? Is that right?

Don't loan any saw out! It will not be used like you use it! It will be sharpened different.....it will be dirty.....and it might not run when you get it back.......AV might be broken..... IMO.....:hmm3grin2orange:

What he said. When I loan out a saw, I come along to run it, and beer is ALWAYS involved. :D :D

Number one rule in power equipment is NEVER LOAN OUT YOUR STUFF, NOT TO FRIENDS OR FAMILY. The condition your stuff comes back in will always be worse, the conditions it was run in was definitely worse, and no mater how much you preach about proper mix and gas it goes in one ear and out the other. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I like my stuff to be there for me, thats why I bought it!!

Last edited:
Run a saw thats over 7 cubes and you will
be smiling from ear to ear for a year.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Lee

Oh it definately has its place, but when you're cutting 20+ in wood that poor little echo just doesn't have the stones to pull a 20" bar through that stuff. Maybe a 16" would make a difference. During this little adventure I discovered that the oiler on the 372xp had been turned wayyyyyyy down. After cutting some I looked and thought that bar looks awful dry....so now its wide open. I also noticed that the 372xp oil adjustment screw turns MUCH more than that Echo. The Echo is like 1/2 a turn for mininum to maximum output and that 372xp was something like 2 turns??? Is that right?

Yes, the 372 oiler adjuster is threaded like a screw so 2 turns is about right. A few things I notice on the 372 oiler is the (worm gear) pump driver will wear away and no longer engage in the clutch drum, these aren't hard to change and should be considered a wear item. Another thing that is common with these oilers is the output tube (normally brass) will sometimes have a hole worn in it from the brake band rubbing on it, causing a leak. I usually alter the bend slightly to clear the band and clean and solder the hole in the tube.

The adjustment range on your Echo sounds about right, same as my CS530 thereabouts.

Number one rule in power equipment is NEVER LOAN OUT YOUR STUFF, NOT TO FRIENDS OR FAMILY. The condition your stuff comes back in will always be worse, the conditions it was run in was definitely worse, and no mater how much you preach about proper mix and gas it goes in one ear and out the other. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I like my stuff to be there for me, thats why I bought it!!

Amen to the above!!!!!!!!! I loaned a ported Husky 261/262 conversion along with Stihl ProMark chaps for safety 2 years ago haven't seen him or saw and chaps since. FAMILY SIL's son.
Shep

Amen to the above!!!!!!!!! I loaned a ported Husky 261/262 conversion along with Stihl ProMark chaps for safety 2 years ago haven't seen him or saw and chaps since. FAMILY SIL's son.
Shep

Maybe im just a jerk but id go hunt him down and get my stuff back. Ive spent a lot of time and money collecting my tools and very protective of them.

trust me bronco i used to be die hard echo,,, but look what i run now:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Run a saw thats over 7 cubes and you will
be smiling from ear to ear for a year.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Lee

Speaking of which, I think I'm getting a case of yellow fever...wanna help me out Lee? :msp_wink:

Back