npw bb7900 my poor judgement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I might as well jump on the Bandwagon as long as everybody else is.

I've had nothing but good dealings with Baileys. I live in a different Country (Canada), so I naturally expect things to take longer. And every time its come sooner then I've expected it to. I've been buying and selling on the internet for a number of years now, and just know what to expect I guess. Sometimes customs can really screw around with stuff. One time customs chose my package to do a thorough check on, they phoned me and I had to send them an email to explain excatly what was in there, like it was a test or something, they checked with the person that sent it, not sure why they chose it, maybe a red flag came up or something, not sure? But it took just shy of 2 months for my to get my package, I was right pissed off, but nothing I can do about it.

Unfortunately every time I've dealt with them. The difference between you guys in the US and myself in Australia is that we don't know the postage we'll be charged when ordering online. I then have to get a list together of what I want so I can get a postage quote. After that I either pay via Credit Card and get auto billed for postage later (first two times I dealt with Baileys they charged WAY more than quoted but to their credit reimbursed me when contacted). The next time I paid with PayPal so I couldn't get auto billed. I then had 5 packages or something like that instead of one delivered over the space of 6 weeks from memory. Many of these were drop shipped from Dolmar. I paid the same postage but Baileys would have been out of pocket quite a bit. In amongst these packages were about 6 emails asking where the rest of my stuff was as I thought every package was my last :)

I know other Aussies that have nothing but praise for Baileys but unfortunately for me I've had a problem every order.

I don't mean this to sound like I'm taking Bailey's side on all of this, because I've been disappointed with the time it took to ship my last few orders, BUT it sounds like Bailey's did "step up to the plate." When it was pointed out that they charged actual (I assume) rather than quoted postage they refunded the difference. Having shipped a few things overseas, I know that the post office does pull a joker from time to time. And I don't know what control Bailey's would have over how Dolmar drop ships stuff. I'm not saying that your experiences weren't stuffed up, just that when you're shipping those distances and depending on a third party it's possible to do everything right and still have it turn out badly. I just shipped a small package Priority Mail to Montreal from Pittsburgh, should have been days, took over two weeks.

Jack

I don't mean this to sound like I'm taking Bailey's side on all of this, because I've been disappointed with the time it took to ship my last few orders, BUT it sounds like Bailey's did "step up to the plate." When it was pointed out that they charged actual (I assume) rather than quoted postage they refunded the difference. Having shipped a few things overseas, I know that the post office does pull a joker from time to time. And I don't know what control Bailey's would have over how Dolmar drop ships stuff. I'm not saying that your experiences weren't stuffed up, just that when you're shipping those distances and depending on a third party it's possible to do everything right and still have it turn out badly. I just shipped a small package Priority Mail to Montreal from Pittsburgh, should have been days, took over two weeks.

Jack

I don't hold Baileys personally responsible for this mate. In big companies quite often wires get crossed - I work for one and errors happen all the time. My issues were internal though and not with the postal system.
My problem is that I live on the other side of the world, wouldn't even know how to phone them if I tried, chances are it would be 2am when Baileys is open so I'm asleep, and by the time I shoot 4 emails back and forth a week has passed :) Most people in the states think they're great so I believe they do a damn good job. They certainly have good pricing - I dribble on their online shop all the time!!!
If only freight was cheaper I'd be even more broke :(

Good bull story!

I like baileys and buy alot of stuff there and am glad they stand behind the kit. But I still agree with 2000ssm that I would just find a new company to build them or quit with them all together, it does not look good on a great company to keep selling a questionable product. Here is an example , a local bull ranch here sells bulls , cheaper than a good angus bull cost , 2000 instead of 5-10 so a few guys get bulls there, But one I know who had bought one of these supposedly super bulls at a good price had him in with 25 cows, well this fall when he checked them they were all open. He lost not only the calf price times 25 but all the feed he put into the cows and will for another yr if he keeps them. Well the bull man said bring him back Ill give you another bull. That's fine and dandy but it doesnt look good and I bet he wont sell as many bulls this yr.

LOL, excellent story.

Here's one right back at ya:

I've got a Stihl 066, a saw most would agree is the "Angus Bull Stud" of chainsaws. Well I've stored my 066 with my 028 wb for over a decade, and with my Husqvarna 445 for 6 months, and so far that 066 has yet to sire a single saw. Not a one.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed with the 066, I realize an 028 is a few notches lower in status, and screwing a Husky 445 would surely mess with that 066's pride. But wouldn't a raging bull mate with just about anything after over a decade of nothing?

I keep expecting to go into my garage one day to find a few little 026 saws, or maybe an 036 or two. Maybe even a 445 with an inboard clutch. But no, that dang bull refuses to stud.

Suppose the dealer would take it back and give me a new one?

Latest posts

Back