npw bb7900 my poor judgement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini14

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not bashing it because as allways baileys excellent customer service is sending me a new one, but please stick to the oem kit, ive never seen such poor workmanship by 10 year old chinese children, the plating was also missing around the transfer ports on the other side. the nick will catch a ring and wear it out fast. 1 of my 6401's was converted last year with the oem mahle, i should've stuck with oem.

Last edited:
attachment.php

When you get the replacement, please post pics of the same part of the cylinder.

Sir like I have stated in the past if this is your money maker OEM. If this was just my part time chainsaw I wouldn't want that :censored: on my chainsaws. I will just say OEM for everything now unless it is something you have to have after market for. :cheers:

That is garbage material :dizzy:. :jawdrop:

you can just make out the plating missing from the left port, the other sides transfer ports r just plain too embarising to show....i guess there is no Q.C. involved in final production...ive replaced many P&C's over the years ive never seen this before.What was I thinking:monkey:, i think stevie wonder machined the other sides ports, they have a shape that can only be decribed as being ovasquare. Its oval at one point and squarish at the other end ??? little to no beveling on any of the ports. it looks like they dont have the proper tools to do the job right. where beveling of the ports was attempted they went too far up removing the plating.

Last edited:
I know this is not the first junk cylinder Baileys replaced, wouldn't you think with them knowing this they would check these darn things before shipping them out?

I know this is not the first junk cylinder Baileys replaced, wouldn't you think with them knowing this they would check these darn things before shipping them out?

Then they would have to raise the price........... Its cheaper for a mail order house to just send another that may be just as bad than to have thier own Quality Control inspector to watch over these Chinese POS Parts

Scott

I just find it hard to believe that a co. like baileys would let this slip by, yes its a numbers game..but bad news travels faster then good news.

i am in atlanta today and tomorrow, and i was going to check a few HD's for another off-rent makitas to do the swap. i have two that i have swapped to OEM without a problem. i wanted an AM so that i could compare performance.

I just find it hard to believe that a co. like baileys would let this slip by, yes its a numbers game..but bad news travels faster then good news.
As Grande Dog has discussed in previous threads, he has hired a QC guy to work on this sort of problem. My take, going by the reviews on AS, is that the overall quality of the BB kits is getting better. Some of them have better fit and finish than OEM.

Your kit certainly is a very bad one, but good on you for catching the problem.

Let us know how the replacement looks.

This one was ordered Nov.30 was back ordered and arrived on the 20th of Dec. so im guessing this one was "built" sometime in dec. when was the puppet Q.C. manager hired and was he wearing his coke bottle glasses during inspection ? from what ive read in the past around 5-600 have been sold, i think i could visually inspect that many in 1 day. Grande and his co. r top notch imho, but imho they shouldn't be selling this junk.

The only way they will ever correct it will be to pay someone to live in China and be in the factory everyday. It's the only way you can control this kind of stuff, or the alternative is to hire a trading company to represent you and have their employee's to go to the factory and conduct QC. Have a reputable company like CTL (Consumer Test Labs) China pull random samples.
It's just not that hard. When in China I learned a valuable lesson. A wise factory owner told me, We the Chinese have been in business over 2000 years, your country a little over two hundred, your people never ask the right questions. You Americans always ask for the lowest price and highest quality. Then you Americans ask, Can you do it? We always will say "Yes". You Americans never ask the correct question, "Will you do it"?

There's a lot of truth in his wisdom. Oh little grasshopper.

QC is a problem with other items also...

Auto industry deals with QC all the time...

Snelling showed a cylinder that looked like it had slipped during a grinding step and rotated a few degrees....

As long as they make good, and the next one is flaw free, I think I'd still keep an open mind.

the price is right, you just need to be vigilant BEFORE the install!

you need to be vigilant even with OEM

Howdy,
Yes, I agree, that's an ugly looking cylinder. Our warranty is not for exchange only. I beleive we sell OEM kits for all the saws we have aftrmarket kits for. You can use it as credit towards OEM, or just get a plain refund. If you change your mind and want to buy OEM let me know, and I'll work it out for you. As far as I'm concerned, people can keep their racial slurs for their PM's.
Regards
Gregg

Thanks Grande, ill take u up on that and pay the difference for my mistake........Ill call tmrow, how should i reference my call.....Im customer 0035514876

The only way they will ever correct it will be to pay someone to live in China and be in the factory everyday. It's the only way you can control this kind of stuff, or the alternative is to hire a trading company to represent you and have their employee's to go to the factory and conduct QC. Have a reputable company like CTL (Consumer Test Labs) China pull random samples.
It's just not that hard. When in China I learned a valuable lesson. A wise factory owner told me, We the Chinese have been in business over 2000 years, your country a little over two hundred, your people never ask the right questions. You Americans always ask for the lowest price and highest quality. Then you Americans ask, Can you do it? We always will say "Yes". You Americans never ask the correct question, "Will you do it"?

There's a lot of truth in his wisdom. Oh little grasshopper.

Your wise factory owner can take his advice and eat it.

A good business learns what the customer wants and delivers it. They don't hide behind nonsense about the customer asking the right questions, that is dishonest.

Frankly when someone asks can you do it and you say yes, you just promised to do it. That is real wisdom for you.

Mr. HE:cool:

Howdy,
Yes, I agree, that's an ugly looking cylinder. Our warranty is not for exchange only. I beleive we sell OEM kits for all the saws we have aftrmarket kits for. You can use it as credit towards OEM, or just get a plain refund. If you change your mind and want to buy OEM let me know, and I'll work it out for you. As far as I'm concerned, people can keep their racial slurs for their PM's.
Regards
Gregg

I cant believe anybody would send out something like that !
almost sounds like bait and switch,,send junk,,BUT can upgrade !! :)
"RACIAL" slurs ?? did somebody take umbrage at a remark not intended to be demeaning ??
makes me wonder who in bed with who sending out junk and then defending the perps....
another reason to choose who you buy from with care..
i know i choose carefully,,..support the chicoms if you want...
SHAME ! on an american distributer sending out chicam junk to american buyers !!

Howdy,
We will do this for any body who wants to but, you can drop my name when you call and it'll probably save you a round of 20 questions.
Regards
Gregg

Your wise factory owner can take his advice and eat it.

A good business learns what the customer wants and delivers it. They don't hide behind nonsense about the customer asking the right questions, that is dishonest.

Frankly when someone asks can you do it and you say yes, you just promised to do it. That is real wisdom for you.

Mr. HE:cool:

Oh well,,looks like a mute point now,,another cutomer got caught in the old bait and switch... yup YOU can UPGRADE !!! LOL !!!
wonder how many times he will have to pay shipping ??

Latest posts

Back