npw bb7900 my poor judgement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
I might have missed something but, I don't see where you made a mistake. When it's a product with an issue, we pay the shipping both ways. In your case you just pay the difference between what you have, and what you want.
Regards
Gregg

A great company makes a commitment to quality and the customer, that requires a great investment in capital, time and the willingness to fail.
Obviously you have never outsourced, domestically or internationally and don't have a clue how the relationship between suppliers and customers work.
Customers are always trying to drive the factory to the lowest possible cost to increase their margins. Factories are wanting to keep the doors open and production lines moving. The factories often operate on razor thin margins to keep continuity and skilled workers employed, whether it be a factory in the U.S., Mexico, Europe or anywhere else they will look for any way they can cut their cost as well. It's a fact of life, maybe over your head but that's the way it really is in today's world.
That's why you put strict quality control in place no matter where you do business or your going to get the kind of cylinder that was pictured.
Bailey's is new at outsourcing these parts, it's a learning curve that goes with it, and is to be expected, even out of the best companies. You just make it right with your customers and re-coop your cost from the factory.
I've consulted to a local machine shop that makes assemblies for the oil business, they are a small-medium size company, they do the same thing, they look for any shortcut they can take to increase profits. That's why you build penalties in vendor agreements, defective allowances, random sampling and have the factory pay for independent consumer test labs to do technical testing against a set standard.
Nope nothing dishonest about it, you have to know what your doing to play in this field. Thats why I'm not in the tree service or climbing business, never went to school for it, not trained for it, too old and fragile for the learning curve, let the pro's that know how to do it accomplish the job correctly.

Oh well,,looks like a mute point now,,another cutomer got caught in the old bait and switch... yup YOU can UPGRADE !!! LOL !!!
wonder how many times he will have to pay shipping ??

:monkey: roncoinc, your issue with Asian imports demands that you turn off your computer, NOW.

Howdy,
Yes, I agree, that's an ugly looking cylinder. Our warranty is not for exchange only. I beleive we sell OEM kits for all the saws we have aftrmarket kits for. You can use it as credit towards OEM, or just get a plain refund. If you change your mind and want to buy OEM let me know, and I'll work it out for you. As far as I'm concerned, people can keep their racial slurs for their PM's.
Regards
Gregg

Sir I maybe to old to understand where this racial slur is anywhere above your post. Could one of you kind folks point it out for me? Post 1 through 14 :cheers:
Can anyone show me where there is a racial slur above Grand Dogs post on first page to the beginning of thread :dizzy:.

:monkey: roncoinc, your issue with Asian imports demands that you turn off your computer, NOW.

:) you know,,THAT might not be a bad idea ...
BUT,,let it be known MY issue with asian imports is not limited to the manufacturer but to distributors that wont take the time to inspect a product line and blindly ship it it out..that is unforgivable,,it only takes a second..
IF you are old enough as i am to remember when "made in japan " ment it was JUNK !! and seen the progress they have have made to be world leaders in electronics and other manufactured items ,,you would not doubt the respect i have for "SOME" of the asian imports we americans enjoy..
It is not with the asian manufacturers i have an issue with,,it is american distributors that dont care what they sell..

Sir I maybe to old to understand where this racial slur is anywhere above your post. Could one of you kind folks point it out for me? Post 1 through 14 :cheers:
Can anyone show me where there is a racial slur above Grand Dogs post on first page to the beginning of thread :dizzy:.

He was referring to the language in his p.m.s...

Anytime you buy bargain priced components you're taking a gamble. Personally I thought getting the lower priced BB kit and a new bar and 4 new chains for the price of an OEM kit was worth taking a chance. With Baileys track record of great customer service it made it a lot easier. Any other retailer and I doubt that I'd have tried it.

Anytime you buy bargain priced components you're taking a gamble. Personally I thought getting the lower priced BB kit and a new bar and 4 new chains for the price of an OEM kit was worth taking a chance. With Baileys track record of great customer service it made it a lot easier. Any other retailer and I doubt that I'd have tried it.
How has the bb kit worked out for you. Did you bolt it right on or clean it up a bit first?

what i ment by my mistake, was i never should have purchased this junk to begin with, and if u really want a good laugh ill post a pic of the transfers on the other side, they r to say the very least embarrising.I now know why they come shrink wraped. Listen, im not bashing baileys im bashing chinese junk that happens to be sold by them...the main reason i convinced myself to buy one of these was that i read the production issues have been resolved. Thats the main thing that bothers me...ive ordered from them a few times and will continue to do so...with in a 5 mile radius of me there is probobly 20 husky/stihl dealers i could by from but i dont. Edge and Engine and Baileys r the only ones i buy chainsaw gear from.

Last edited:
what i ment by my mistake, was i never should have purchased this junk to begin with, and if u really want a good laugh ill post a pic of the transfers on the other side, they r to say the very least embarrising.
I wouldn't mind seeing those other transfers, just to understand what kind of things can go wrong in the manufacturing process. If you don't want to make them public then you can send the pic in a pm.

I'm am a big Baileys fan, not trying to give them a hard time. But, I believe in being honest and telling it the way it is. These bad reviews are painful, but it motivates them to address the problem.

Mini14, in fairness to Baileys, there has been a thread or two knocking the poor quality of some OEM cylinders, too (though I haven't heard any complaints about Dolmar cylinders).

Thank you for sharing the picture.

How has the bb kit worked out for you. Did you bolt it right on or clean it up a bit first?

No cleanup at all, no base gasket, no problems. True the BB kit isn't beautiful but the extra cc's ought to make up for some of the other flow issues. The stock Makita jug is really top notch. It'll be a challenge for me to find much wood that will strain this saw. With any luck at all this saw will last me until I can no longer run it.

Kind of funny we see a lot about the quality of these kits but I can't recall anyone ever having one crash and burn.

yes ive read all the posts regarding the issues, but after reading the posts that they were resolved i got hooked. Im not mad at baileys at all, im mad at myself...

Quite possibly the Chinese POS parts, but that's just a guess.:popcorn:

He was referring to the language in his p.m.s...

I think Greg said keep racial slurs to PM's.

Quite possibly the Chinese POS parts, but that's just a guess.:popcorn:

I think so. Have a feeling that he may have taken exception to some comments by another sponsor :cheers:

I wouldn't be so quick to knock the aftermarket. If you drove a Ford, and had to put Ford parts in it, Ford oil, only go to a Ford dealer...and pay dealer prices.....how happy would you be? I'd certainly be livid. The aftermarket is there to drive down price and increase choice.

So in this case, either the manufacturer or Baileys could employ a guy to inspect these things very closely, but that would put the price up - and many people (not all) would be quick to take their business elsewhere. I've used an aftermarket set up....and it was fine. I was expecting a disaster, but there was really nothing wrong with it. At the end of it, you're pretty safe because Baileys stand behind the product - and I'm sure if you said to them "can you just have a look at it before it goes out" they would.

It is interesting that they are setting up with Wiseco as well. Aftermarket, higher quality, different price point. I think the market will probably mature into:

- Cheap imports - good for occasional use saws, dirt cheap
- Local aftermarket - as good as OEM, but half the price
- OEM - for people who buy Ford brand oil from their dealer.

Gradually the cheap imports will become better - think of Japanese "rubbish" imports in the 70s....sticking accelerators aside, they're pretty much the leaders in quality now.

I just find it hard to believe that a co. like baileys would let this slip by, yes its a numbers game..but bad news travels faster then good news.

:agree2: And In a thread about this a while back I warned people the aftermarket kits are junk! Everybody said oh well bailey will stand behind them! Who gives a crap its still nothing but a big pain in the butt!

I wonder how many of these kits have been sold compared to how many problems have been reported. We see such a skewed reality here that it is difficult to know how big of a problem these cylinders are.

Looks to me like Bailey's stands behind there product and makes it right for their customer. Hard to fault a company for that.

I wonder how many of these kits have been sold compared to how many problems have been reported. We see such a skewed reality here that it is difficult to know how big of a problem these cylinders are.

Looks to me like Bailey's stands behind there product and makes it right for their customer. Hard to fault a company for that.

Makes me wonder as well. I have ordered 2 piston/cylinder kits one husky and one stihl, the fit and finish on both were just as good or better than oem.

When I asked a few weeks ago about other peoples experiences with aftermarket P/C I was called a Troll.........Last fall I bought a P/C that the piston would get stuck in the bore and was trying to find out if others were having problems too....It was replaced free and the saw was in no hurry because the owner was going too be out of town ........Sure be nicer too get a good one the first time ........

This thread should be titled "The REAL Chicom junk cylinder".

That is horrible.:dizzy: That brand would be dropped like a hot tater from my inventory.

Latest posts

Back