OH Sandy (storm chasers update)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
002-38.jpg

001-40.jpg

Here is the pic of the uprooted oak. I think the bulider/contractor is trying to keep all the money for himself which, in most cases, turns out sadly.

Hi Larry, Stay safe.
Was wondering about the fueling up out there. I heard that the fuel is being rationed.
Jeff

We usually haul it. Our one truck stores 2500 gallons, incase rationing and stuff like that happens. We are not up there but ran into plenty of work from it. In the summer it's just used to go from job site to site and refuel.

If that tree weighed anything it would be in the house not on it , if I was was closer I would smoke that tree with a bucket , and the crane can stay on real work , I just did a double 2 trees on the house and the larger which was almost 30" stood up 4 ft when we cleared the house the smaller stayed put I have the pics posted to prove it ! And no arguing a pic , Dan for real ? You walked from that I would snatch that 4K check right out of his hand by 5pm done LOL

maybe if you take weight off the top it'll stand itself right back up not sure why you have not already tried this:confused2:

The hard part in getting the top off without doing anymore damage and even with a bucket that would be very tricky... not to mention making the cut that sends the trunk upright.
The builder told me not worry about causing anymore damage to the house but I didn't belive him.

I threw a number of $3500 at the guy. Apparently Ricky tree in Kennet square must of been cheaper. I estimated that trunk from the house to the ground to weigh roughly 14,000 lbs not including root ball. I am sure I am on the high side.

I threw a number of $3500 at the guy. Apparently Ricky tree in Kennet square must of been cheaper. I estimated that trunk from the house to the ground to weigh roughly 14,000 lbs not including root ball. I am sure I am on the high side.
If you keep trying to retire off a single tree you will have to go to Connecticut to work you'll have bid all the trees around ya to high , and why wouldn't you just make the trip over the bridge here , man I was in Princeton junction today and they got nailed , we got plenty of gas a bit south of that but it's tricky to get fuel up there now long lines and you can only purchase so much at a time ! I was hanging with the Brickman subs and they have so many punch list jobs now its crazy we bagged 40 yards of chips today all Bradford's , some willows and a bunch of white pine !

If you keep trying to retire off a single tree you will have to go to Connecticut to work you'll have bid all the trees around ya to high , and why wouldn't you just make the trip over the bridge here , man I was in Princeton junction today and they got nailed , we got plenty of gas a bit south of that but it's tricky to get fuel up there now long lines and you can only purchase so much at a time ! I was hanging with the Brickman subs and they have so many punch list jobs now its crazy we bagged 40 yards of chips today all Bradford's , some willows and a bunch of white pine !

It was a bit high, I was planning on doing it tomorrow and have a 40 ton crane come in. If i knew i could get a weeks worth of work lined up out your way, I would be rolling tonight. You wanna line some work up for me?

Back