OH Sandy (storm chasers update)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many tree services are around here, i would be supprised if you get much work.

Yea I am still here , I went to a HOA meeting with the landscaper , they are expecting us to be on top of #### tomorrow morning , and apparently are willing to pay for quick service if needed , I didn't have to say anything it was just a meeting where I was talked at , not talked too . There is a site they also manage close to Mays Landing that has already had some major tree and flood damage , but I say that #### can wait til morning !

Our equipment will get us plenty of work. But tell ya the truth its just not impressing me. Looks like another Irene where the media hyped a bunch of flooding.

sailboat with the sails down can't go bye-bye..

that said, I did cover the root plate on one of the backyard oaks with a slight lean to the house, using a big tarp... quick and easy... if only to make me feel a little better... pruned it last year the night before Irene hit... took plenty off the branch tips... not a leaf on her tonight

lights just gave a little flicker... less than 130,000 power outages in PA right now.... close to 500,000 in NY... she's has yet to make land... gonna be quite a ride

Good Luck Murph we was lookin to come to yer neck of the woods so keep me posted. We got people near allentown. Right now we are on the fence.Wed be comin with a 40ton rear mount crane 42 ft altec 2 A300 bobcats and housing for the 9 of us.Just dont wanna spend 5000.00 to just break even like Irene.We have work here but not sure when it goes for the season.Nice storm would make for a good x-mas.

Good Luck Murph we was lookin to come to yer neck of the woods so keep me posted. We got people near allentown. Right now we are on the fence.Wed be comin with a 40ton rear mount crane 42 ft altec 2 A300 bobcats and housing for the 9 of us.Just dont wanna spend 5000.00 to just break even like Irene.We have work here but not sure when it goes for the season.Nice storm would make for a good x-mas.

I think the media is being over dramatic

I live in a shoreline town in ct we are getting are a$$'s handed to us with trees down in the road and yards have had 5 calls in the last 2 hours for work gonna be a busy few days if the calls keep up

No really major winds yet here, few big gusts. Just got a tree on house call to look at in the morning. Power has gone out about 8-9 times here.

I live in a shoreline town in ct we are getting are a$$'s handed to us with trees down in the road and yards have had 5 calls in the last 2 hours for work gonna be a busy few days if the calls keep up

not much here in the South Windsor area, had the strong winds but powers still on and really havent heard of much around me either but wind is switching to the south now.

we left pittsburgh about 5 pm yesterday (me and a bunch of old high school buddies went to the skins / steelers game ... well atleast Cooley is back) got a kick out of all the Asplundh trucks headed east ( solo in the cab, no chipper attached, lead pick up, a few different convoys). Left Richmond about 5 a.m. and during the lighted portion south of Richmond and into Petersburg I got tired of seeing bucket trucks headed north on I-95. When I hit the carolina border it was starting to get light and I bet I saw one convoy of fifty buckets in one spurt headed north. Irene smoked us like a cheap cigar last year... if you plan on chasing it and don't already have a smart phone / credit card swipe set up combo (square , intuit etc.) you may want to consider it. My sister is in chesepeake beach, md and though she can't give a detailed report at this time (they are hunkered down) she thinks it's going to be pretty bad. Good luck all... my azz is staying right here.

I'm skeptical but will be prepared.

Same here it's not even raining at my house just a slight breeze. I'm prepared as well got a sixer and a hungry man dinner To be honest I was preparing for the 49 er cardinal game tonight. Best of luck everyone.

We lost power for 3 hours last night. Some good gust but nothing really big. A few trees down. Some flooding in the normal spots. Phone hasnt rang yet but when I drove home from the hospital last night, it was like a ghost town. Wish it was like that all the time around here, cause then i wont have the feeling all the time about being crowded and wanting to move to Alaska.

We lost power for 3 hours last night. Some good gust but nothing really big. A few trees down. Some flooding in the normal spots. Phone hasnt rang yet but when I drove home from the hospital last night, it was like a ghost town. Wish it was like that all the time around here, cause then i wont have the feeling all the time about being crowded and wanting to move to Alaska.

Congratulations on the new brush dragger. We had almost nothing high winds and a few small branches down, and I am happy.

With the first real gust the power went down in my hood, had the generator prepped, flashlight batteries charged and firewood stocked. I had to run it for an hour to keep the phone on and the ice cream frozen but they had it back on in about 2 hours.
Phone started ringing about 8 am this morning, I am just getting back from clearing drives and looking at damage of which there is quite a good bit. There are tons without power still and alot of roads are closed.

Sandy hit Northeast Ohio last night, plenty of work up on the lake as the winds got too be pretty fierce. We are headed up there tomorrow I believe. Most of the damage was uprooted pines. I did see a willow that went straight through a barn.

Cleared a driveway first thing this morning, then meet the bucket truck for a few uprooted/leaning spruces (near powerlines and lots of good trees below). Still had good winds this morning, had me pucker a couple times about 50ft up in the bucket but the removals went smooth. Eyed up the scenario, created a game plan and executed it.

Latest posts

Back