Ohio GTG 4-25-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TwinTurboRam

TwinTurboRam

ArboristSite Member
Just an update and reminder. April 25th will be the date will have square wood and round wood to cut, including some big wood. Mostly pine and cottonwood round wood. Square wood will be poplar. Some of the following is reposted info, with some updates. PM me for address if your thinking of coming. I should have a stock 441 and a new 576xp there for demo as well as others stock saws. ALL saws welcome.

we will go 3 cuts in 8x8 or 10x10 wood. Hotstart, saws on ground, hands on wood, or hotstart over wood. Run what you brung gas saws. Classes same as last time.

8x8 Wood
Bumble Bees 0-40 (Top Handle saws only)
0-40 Rear Handle
0-51
0-65

10x10 Wood
0-81
0-100
100+
Piped saws
Vintage class (1979 and earlier saws)

Make your own 3/8 050 60 DL chain for a chain race on a stock saw for 2 cuts.

All are welcome to come and join in. Food supplied will be ribs and brats. Any drinks or chips etc will be up to you.

Last edited:
epicklein22
Ohio is a big state...........

Just about smack dab in the middle of the state. Near Mohican State Park.....

I plan on making it. It is the same location for the one last spring. If someone would like to try one of the saws in my sig, just ask and I will bring it along.:cheers:

Anybody bringing something for trade or sale??? I am looking for a new project saw....

Last edited:
epicklein22
If this is another sites gtg, take you pathetic chaffed vaginas and go elsewhere. Only good guys here!

Think what you want, but the host (OP of this thread) of this GTG has done nothing to anyone here nor there. This is just an open invitation to anyone to come test/run/race some saws, try some new ones, try some modded saws and try some saws with dull chains and tuned for winter cutting (aka Me :)).

FATGUY

FATGUY

Addicted to ArboristSite
Think what you want, but the host (OP of this thread) of this GTG has done nothing to anyone here nor there. This is just an open invitation to anyone to come test/run/race some saws, try some new ones, try some modded saws and try some saws with dull chains and tuned for winter cutting (aka Me :)).

That's cool. I just got a bad feeling and acted on it. Once bitten, twice shy

epicklein22
I hear ya. If you or Brad or anyone else decided to show up. I would assume some butterflies would be present for a while, but I would hope everything could be put in the past and forgotten. I think we are all adults and can get over the the conflicts that went on. Nobody has to agree with each other all the time, but I think we can all agree that the more people that show up, the merrier. Everybody likes chainsaws, lets keep it on that topic and all will be well.

FATGUY

FATGUY

Addicted to ArboristSite
I hear ya. If you or Brad or anyone else decided to show up. I would assume some butterflies would be present for a while, but I would hope everything could be put in the past and forgotten. I think we are all adults and can get over the the conflicts that went on. Nobody has to agree with each other all the time, but I think we can all agree that the more people that show up, the merrier. Everybody likes chainsaws, lets keep it on that topic and all will be well.

I'm glad you feel that way. We all should. This is a hobby, something we do for fun. However, to be fair, I speak independently of Brad (although I consider him a good friend) and he speaks independently of me.

epicklein22
Yup, I don't expect you to be Brad's puppet or something, I just know you guys are friends. I just would like to see as many people as possible show up and have a good time. I mean everyone always raves about how good GTG's are, I would hate to have someone not show because of a scuffle in the past.

gink595

gink595

Addicted to ArboristSite
If I'm thinking right this is the one around the Lexington area near Mid-Ohio sports car track? I might be in for that, I'll have to see for sure, I never know what's going on until it happens. I might bring a couple friends along again. Gtg's are always fun and good to meet new members.:cheers:

TwinTurboRam

TwinTurboRam

ArboristSite Member
If I'm thinking right this is the one around the Lexington area near Mid-Ohio sports car track? I might be in for that, I'll have to see for sure, I never know what's going on until it happens. I might bring a couple friends along again. Gtg's are always fun and good to meet new members.:cheers:

not to far from that, have to go north a few exits on 71 from the rt 97 exit to rt 39 or 30