Ohio GTG Jan 3rd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am setting up for a GTG at my place (Amanda, OH) on the 3rd. I realize this is risky this time of year but a few others are interested in coming over on that date so I'm opening it up to anyone else interested. I'm planning on having firewood rounds of various sizes and if they get done in time some 8x8 and 10x10 cants. There will be an inside sit down dinner served around noon. Anyone interested please PM me so I can have a head count and contact information if you wish so as to contact persons to reschedule if the weather doesn't cooperate. Also this date isn't written in stone. If a consensus would prefer another date just let me know.

Damn, There is one on the 10th in Indiana that I was planning on also, I can only make one of them, thats too much traveling too close together, not sure the wife will like consecutive weekends going to GTG's, I'd love to make yours Bill, I'll have to get the mileage from my place to yours. I'll let ya know for the head count:cheers:

I hate having to miss one of Bills GTGs

His wife goes all out on the dinner.. lots of cookies and wonderful food..
If Bill ever stops cutting firewood he will soon weigh 300 pounds.

Where's Olivet at? How far to the Indiana/Michigan line at I-69?? Carpool?

I'm three miles from mile 51 exit on I-69. Columbus area is 300 miles one way, more or less. If I drive ten hours in one day, driving is going to be about the only thing I do that weekend.
I picked up some Cub Cadet parts about 150 miles away earlier this month, and the 5 hour drive took a lot out of me.

I'm three miles from mile 51 exit on I-69. Columbus area is 300 miles one way, more or less. If I drive ten hours in one day, driving is going to be about the only thing I do that weekend.
I picked up some Cub Cadet parts about 150 miles away earlier this month, and the 5 hour drive took a lot out of me.

I was just offering to carpool, I live about 20 miles south from the Indiana/Michigan line off of I-69, if you wanted to drive to my place we could head down. But I agree driving long distances in one day sucks:cheers:

hey bill can we bring our parts saws and have a swap meet??? just a thought. i will be attending also

Last edited:
hey guys how about we make a fund for people to attend that are from other states not surrounding ohio to help offset the cost of gas... if so ill throw in $20 to forestryworks and ill help pay for some food

Last edited:
hey guys how about we make a fund for people to attend that are from other states not surrounding ohio to help offset the cost of gas... if so ill throw in $20 to forestryworks

i can scavenge up some small jobs between now and then. so hold onto your money man, you may need it more than i do. thanks for the kind offer.

hey guys how about we make a fund for people to attend that are from other states not surrounding ohio to help offset the cost of gas... if so ill throw in $20 to forestryworks and ill help pay for some food

Sounds great, now I will only take cash My address is.... When Can I expect the money?? LOL Nice offer man, but gas is much more affordable now, save your money for some more saws to bring to the GTG.:cheers:

hey bill can we bring our parts saws and have a swap meet???
Feel free to bring all the saws you like running or not. No matter how many you bring though you will never out bring Snelling:) He should be traveling to these things with a step van or enclosed trailer in tow.

saws that are coming... 066, 029 super,031av,sears geardrive, the Legendary WILDTHING lol.. my 2.3 that falls apart while running... literally, and maybe the poulan pro bring compression gauges guys also id like to try my 066mag with a BIG bar....brad??

Feel free to bring all the saws you like running or not. No matter how many you bring though you will never out bring Snelling:) He should be traveling to these things with a step van or enclosed trailer in tow.

I'm trying to break that habit. It's a lot of work. But what's a guy supposed to do when He works on all these saws and there's no one that appreciates them like you guys do. Of course maybe I'll leave with a few less to make room for the next ones:)

also id like to try my 066mag with a BIG bar....brad??

My longes bar for that saw is a brand new 32" Sugihara. You're welcome to try it out. I've got the 36" and 50" for the 084. I might even have the 076 together by then with any luck. I hope to get the box tomorrow or Monday. I'll have three crankcases of parts to work from!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back