Ohio gtg-Maybe if enough interested

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested.

and maybe you could give me a few pointers on how to make a good chain.

That would be TTR's area and another friends place to help.
If you want a fast chain Ka-ching and machine.

Anyone can butcher a chain like I tried to do by hand.

I am in!!! Lets do this thing...lets pick out three dates, then see which one works for the most folks.

How many people need to commit to make it a go?

Iam in, depending on final date

Just have stock saws 920's,2171 and 029.Where's it at ? :clap: :clap: :jawdrop: :rock:

Portsmouth ohio/ Adams county isnt the south. . .REALLY?? :jawdrop: where the hell-o did you learn to read a map? :popcorn:

Send a pm CSC. :confused:

Being from the south, Portsmouth (city) and Adams county (out in the country) are different areas, which one you living at? Portsmouth is in Scioto county.

Nevermind, I found the pm at the other place.

Last edited:
If I can get the poplar off my land 3 hours south of here and back on the trailer to my place up north. I would prefer to chose from these 3 dates.
Nov 10, 17. Dec 8.
How many can do those?
I have been told I can use a good heavy steel log stand, but if no alky saws are showing up there want be no need for it, my homemade wooden one can be staked and want walk away like the alky saws would make it do.
So you guys hash out those 3 days and let me know.

wooden stand.
CopyofPartnerproject016.jpg

Last edited:
Do what you like but I wouldn't fool with square cants,it's not a west coast "my saw is better than yours" type of deal.Poplar would work nicely in my opinion.

A GTG is not to prove anything,just a general shoot the bull,have a good time deal.Maybe see some stuff you never saw before,run some "hotter" saws maybe some that were old before you were born.It's just a good time,as it should be.

A GTG is not to prove anything,just a general shoot the bull,have a good time deal.Maybe see some stuff you never saw before,run some "hotter" saws maybe some that were old before you were born.It's just a good time,as it should be.

Between you and Larry's saws at WJ's that was something else, especially getting to run the 2 man saws, and that huge bow saw.
I haven't heard from Larry since Medina, I wonder if this goes through, if he would run down here, 45mins south of WJ's place and put on a demonstration.

I want to take time and run more of the older stuff this time too, hint, hint, Al.
Now that I learned the other stuff a tad.

Chainsaw-57 you out there, I will give you a call if it happens.

Last edited:
Between you and Larry's saws at WJ's that was something else, especially getting to run the 2 man saws, and that huge bow saw.
I haven't heard from Larry since Medina, I wonder if this goes through, if he would run down here, 45mins south of WJ's place and put on a demonstration.

I want to take time and run more of the older stuff this time too, hint, hint, Al.
Now that I learned the other stuff a tad.

Chainsaw-57 you out there, I will give you a call if it happens.

Ha,I've got a shed full but Larry has a warehouse full.

45 minutes south would be pretty close to where I was born,Knox county.

Nov.17 or Dec.8 should be good for me. We should be done with fall harvest before then. Cut I will bring that boat anchor we have talked about so you can see it first hand.

Kev, do you have a date for this yet and if you do, do you know who all is palnning on going?
-Kel

Cant make plans without wood for one, got some 2x4's and 2x6's left from the barn build. :)

Just been busy around here trying to get new barn buttoned up for winter and trying to talk myself into the Murray, KY chainsaw racing event. If I do that then getting saws set up for that and having to test chains and get another race chain made up maybe will be my priorities.

Like I said middle Nov or Dec if I do this and didn't seem like to much confirmed interest anyways.
Nov 10, 17. Dec 8

Last edited:
I just got out of the woods marking some scrub poplars for cutting for gtg type use. Heading back north in a couple hours, so no stops for chat.
Was just a quick round trip to mark some trees and see whats ready.
I have some nice straight huge poplars for lumber right now too. Last time they were cut was back in 93 for lumber.

I just got out of the woods marking some scrub poplars for cutting for gtg type use. Heading back north in a couple hours, so no stops for chat.
Was just a quick round trip to mark some trees and see whats ready.
I have some nice straight huge poplars for lumber right now too. Last time they were cut was back in 93 for lumber.

Is that a go or a no go ? :popcorn: :clap:

Back