Ohio gtg-Maybe if enough interested

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
Just small talk grew, so just checking if anyone would be intrested in some hotstart racing.

Have to get with Ralph to find out about these GTG deals.

Lets see, have to get a motel for the wife and daughter (to keep you guys away from them)

Oh yea forgot about the dog too, in case some West Va guys come

Have to notify the police about saw people being in the area,,,,,

Nope, sounds like too much trouble, how 'bout your place?

Hmmmmmm just might. I could get some round poplar or pine 9"-12" round for hotstart racing and get some decent 26"-30" year dried ash for 1 cut long bar 1 cut racing and just testing of saws on.
Maybe even holler at some good friends if they would bring the alky saws and piped race saws for a demonstration and some racing if enough alky or stock appearing saw show up too.
Could have some gas classes, some alky if any shows and then some piped or just open class. Could have a cold start classes too if a hotsaw or 2 showed up.
If there is any interest and you dont mind not racing on square cant and just having some fun. I might try to work something out down the road. I know for a fact some dates are already taken for the racing weekends for others.
So how many could make a gtg for hotstart 2 cut racing and maybe some bigger 1 cut racing. Could be hotstart over wood or from saws running on the ground and both hands on top of wood. Somewhere between Nov-DEC maybe.
How many would be interested.

Last edited:
What part of Ohio?

1 hour north of Columbus, 1 hour south of Cleveland, 30mins west of Mansfield, 30mins east of Bucyrus.
ohio.jpg

OK, on second thought count me in, life is too short. How about some antiques? The K100 and the Bradley is both yern'en

He is closer to Shelby Ohio I think.Would it be ok for a beginer to attend to see what it is all about? If so get a date set.

I'm not intereseted in racing, but depending on the date may be interested in coming down to hang out. The wife has family down sort of that way so I could drop her off and head over.

So far I have tried to weed through the lumberjack race dates and have tried to work it around Holidays and deer hunting. So far down to these few dates pending enough interest.

Only if there is enough interest for this Nov-DEC.

I have checked the race dates and these seem to be open dates, without hitting Holidays and Hunting.

Nov 10, 17. Dec 8, 15, 22.

It dont matter if you just have stock saws to run (bring what you got with a good sharp chain and getter done), thats how I started out running stock older poulans in a gtg. Its all about the adrenaline rush of racing in the cut and gtg with friends.

Just east of Mohican State park area and just south of Shelby.
I dont know where the Apple seed trail is, sorry.

NOTHING IS SOLID YET! all is still up in air, pending wood, people, and time etc.

Any interest from the southern Ohio guys, Ralph, Brad etc or the northern KY guys?

Any interest from the southern Ohio guys, Ralph, Brad etc or the northern KY guys?

sure. I wanna attend one where I don't hafta play host! not that it was a problem. loved having everyone down here this past april. and I can bring you a stock 360 to play with if this all happens, if not, I'm sure you'll be down to your Dads for turkey dinner again! you didnt get that big by not eating- LMAO! :laugh:
if I can help with advice or anything else, holler at me. but its still an IF right now I take it.
-Ralph

Last edited:
c4f what bout the southern ohio GALS?? LOL:chainsawguy:

Well OK maybe, southern Ohio gals too. But you ain't from the south girl. :cheers:

Ralph after THX this year, maybe next week too. Shoot me your cellie and I will call, because I figure its not the one in my minford phone book anymore.

If this goes through I am going to run down on the land and grab some poplars. Found a guy down the road with a saw mill (old style) that will make cants for $15-$20 a cant 7' long 8x8 or 10x10. But I might just leave them rounds.

Yes big IF, not many people interested to go with all the troubles. and you know what that can be.

Last edited:
I'm interested.

My plate is a bit full right now, so I can't say I'll be able to make it or not. When we have a hard date I'll let you know.

I sure would like to go it sounds like fun, and maybe you could give me a few pointers on how to make a good chain.:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Back