Ohio GTG - Spring Fling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite was the little 375 coming in ahead of the Stihl 066 one with a BB kit along with the Stihl 460s and the EPH7900.
Wade

I was asked to pass this along for someone,

The turn out was good and the racing is getting tougher in Ohio IMO.
All saws were gas saws run with each persons own mix of gas. Saws were from Stock-Wild gas saws cutting 8x8 and 10x10 for times.
We never got to the big wood one cut races due to everyone being wore out after all the small wood racing. However there was alot of big cookies cut for fun. Derek provided wood big enough that wkpoor Bill stated his 34" bar couldn't reach through. Thanks to Derek and his Dad for setting up all the wood for us. Also Thank You for providing us a very scenic place to hold this gtg.

We were racing for fun 2 cuts in 4" width hot start over wood.

There was to be NO DQ's due to this is for fun and learning experience for all.
So you will see some guys with 2 times and I used their fastest time of the two for their place. If a guy cut out and DQ'ed we would give them a 2nd try and let them cut again for a timed cut and used that time for their place.

Last edited:
Ya, I'm just having some fun. I am aware that a well filed chain and technique has alot to do with running saws. Hope everyone had a great time.:cheers:

I figured you were having fun just like I was ripper. With the CAD and all I'm just thinking I might be eye balling a 357 just in case of bird flu. I'm covered on the cancer. At this pace I think I'll be able to drop my health care and buy more chainsaws. I'll never get sick again I have CAD health care coverage.

Brad.....Nice to see the 681/7900 comparison. Can't wait to port one...Solo's rule....Hahahahaha!

......But, looks like that good lookin 084 needs some polishing. :cheers:

muffler
1. wkpoor 084 4.60
2. cut4fun 084 4.90
3. blsnelling 084 10.16
4. Al Smith 038mag 12.40
5. Al Smith mac125super scratch

This a perfect example of why anyone that's run a ported saw can no longer stand a stock saw. BORING!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A great time had by all.
2Stroker

Several more pics of the days events.
Big wood and a beautiful setting- not to mention the food!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

2Stroker

Because I still have a pickup full of saws that need cleaned up. This is turning into work. I've got to teach myself how to bring no more than 6 saws to a GTG:cheers: But half the fun in owning them for me is sharing them with others.

man o man..that looks like a good time..ended up not even getting to work so that kinda shot my weekend..so instead i went back up to the farm and finished up my 066..got it ported and back together...its runs pretty stout...so i'd say the first real try at porting was a success..i might have to get something organized for here in southern IL if there is enough interest

Besides running saws;) the best thing about these gtg's is the people, everyone I've met at the three gtg's that I've been too, has been pleasure to meet.

I didn't get a chance to take very many pictures, but here are the few I did take.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And where is the thread with all the details and pics?????:cheers:

ha ha..i should have..but i really didn't get any..i'll get some pics of the finished product. and maybe some vids when i get the chance...i was actually quite surprised at how your 066BB cut(or atleast its times)..is it still stock?

i might give them another try on the 660 project that i have..is there still and issue with spark plug alignment?

Last edited:
Back