OK I am stumped on Husqvarna 450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES it does run. I had a 445 carcass in the junk pile. I switched the flywheel and ignition and it took off! Runs, idles, revs just like it is supposed to do. This is the first time I have found Husqvarna models of the same number that I could not swap ignitions. Heck I have been putting all kinds of ignitions in different models even without problems until now. Thanks to all. Bob Hedgecutter nailed when he asked if there were two different ignitions/flywheels. That got me thinking in the right direction. HOORAY

Customer came to me with a 450. Claimed it was running good last fall. Now won't start. New fresh fuel, clean exhaust screen. New plug (several), Air filter spotless. Well just a clogged carb, right? Sonic cleaned the carb with new diaphragms. Hit the primer button and get one hit, then to off choke and one more but no run. Fuel squirt into carb, no help.
OK I got this. Have another perfectly running 450. Swap the coils. Good saw now runs crappy so I figure I got it. Customer saw now tries to idle to no acceleration. Gives it the huh,huh huh only. Check magnets on flywheel, check timing on both saw, same timing. Ok Chinese carb so probably messed up. Swap carbs and the customer saw is still doing same, other running perfect (with coil from inventory).
White flag, anybody?
Carbs not put back together correctly or gasket blocking the impulse hole. Check to make sure all the gaskets are lined up correctly and that the carb is also put back together correctly. Sounds like you may have tried this by swapping carbs off a runner. Other than that fuel lines could be sucking air, checkem.

YES it does run. I had a 445 carcass in the junk pile. I switched the flywheel and ignition and it took off! Runs, idles, revs just like it is supposed to do. This is the first time I have found Husqvarna models of the same number that I could not swap ignitions. Heck I have been putting all kinds of ignitions in different models even without problems until now. Thanks to all. Bob Hedgecutter nailed when he asked if there were two different ignitions/flywheels. That got me thinking in the right direction. HOORAY

Haha, I was just grabbing thought clouds as they floated past!!!
But that is exactly why I like the generation of saws I grew up using- less complicated and more accepting of donor organs from close relations, without the rejection issues.

Latest posts

Back