OK, I finally found somthing better than an MS 361!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windthrown

361 Junkie
Reaction score
Two MS361s!

The twins, my answer to the 2 saw plan, and a lot of other ideas I have had (like getting a Dolmar 5100s, or a 260, or a 441, or whatever).

attachment.php

Last edited:
Two MS361s!

The twins, my answer to the 2 saw plan, and a lot of other ideas I have had (like getting a Dolmar 5100s, or a 260, or a 441, or whatever).

attachment.php

Interestingly enough, I've thought of the same thing. A 361 with a 20" bar for felling and general work. Then another 361 with a back-saving 25" bar and full skip for bucking and limbing.

Very nice,
They say good things come in pairs. The perfect 3some ha, you and your 2 361's. can life get any better, plus you can cure more cancer than kemo with that pair. :greenchainsaw:

How bout ponyin' up for some new loops of chain.I wouldnt throw that green one away,maybe just put it in the shed,never know when you might have to sacrifice a rock chain for this n that.

well done
ak

Yah, I NEVER throw away a chain, no matter how ground down. Or bars for that matter. I grow bamboo, and I put a dead bar and chain on my 025 to cut roots in the dirt. Saves hours of chiseling and cutting with a shovel.

The RM2 on my 'new' 361 is brand new. Still factory sharp. I may sell it with the bar, as I cannot see using a 28 inch bar on a 361 for anything. As much as I suffer from WCLBD, 25 is about as long as I want to go on the 361. Though I will have to try the new backup saw with the 28 before I sell it... and then maybe I will like it as much as I like the 25 inch bar when I bought that, and then I will need to try a 32 inch bar... and then of course I will need another backup to the backup 361 to sate my CAD, and then....

Last edited:
Ah yes, the "spare saw" setup. I like this setup very much myself and subscribe to its philosophies myself.

Basically, don't carry or own spare parts for one saw, simply own a complete spare chainsaw, LOL.

Sam

Well, I was using the 290 as a backup saw. Never know when a saw is going to quit on you out in the woods. For whatever reason. Oiler or carb clogged, gas line blows, or something jams up. But I figured why not have a backup saw of the same type, in a different bar length. Why run a 290 or a 260 when I can have another 361 handy? As one guy above said, saws are good in pairs. And with the parts swapability, you can always have one saw up, no matter what happens. And you do not have to fiddle with a different saw. I suppose for lighter limbing and thinning there is a case for having a 260 or 250 around though. I have a pair of 025/250s which are virtually twins, but the 025 is a beater. And for larger stuff a 441 or 460 would probably be better for falling big trees.

Damn CAD! There is no escaping its grip! :cry:

Last edited:
I'm not here to add anything...I just saw windthrown had started a new thread, and I can't figure out where to vote in it... :)

Yah, I NEVER throw away a chain, no matter how ground down. Or bars for that matter. I grow bamboo, and I put a dead bar and chain on my 025 to cut roots in the dirt. Saves hours of chiseling and cutting with a shovel.

The RM2 on my 'new' 361 is brand new. Still factory sharp. I may sell it with the bar, as I cannot see using a 28 inch bar on a 361 for anything. As much as I suffer from WCLBD, 25 is about as long as I want to go on the 361. Though I will have to try the new backup saw with the 28 before I sell it... and then maybe I will like it as much as I like the 25 inch bar when I bought that, and then I will need to try a 32 inch bar... and then of course I will need another backup to the backup 361 to sate my CAD, and then....

Get rid of the RM2 ASAP, you sure don't want to (try to) cut with that POS.....:clap: :clap:

Yup...two 361s is the way to go. My wife grumbled when I bought my second one but she hasn't said much since the day I was gone with one and she had to use the other to cut a blow-down out of the road to get to town. She doesn't like to run the 066 and she's actually grown fond of the 361.

Hell, I do not like running a 660 myself. I ran one once. Or rather, it ran me. Guy that owned it was huge. His arms are about the size of my legs. He never used the decomp button starting it either.

The 460 is about as large a saw as I am comfortable using.

Hell, I do not like running a 660 myself. I ran one once. Or rather, it ran me. Guy that owned it was huge. His arms are about the size of my legs. He never used the decomp button starting it either.

The 460 is about as large a saw as I am comfortable using.

LOL...Every time I start to think the 660 is heavy I remember the old Macs and Homelites. They're what I started on when I was a kid. Some friends of mine still have a few of those old solid iron beasts and when they come over for our annual firewood bash I'll run one.Not for very long, though. Just enough to humor them. Makes me glad to pick up something light, like the 660, again.:)

Latest posts

Back