Ok,,I give up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok, Old man winter you win I give up.
Two major snowfalls and record setting cold in the last two weeks.
First Pic shows a local campground that is currently under water. The second Pic is Of Hwy 11 North .A major county artery that is completely blocked with flood waters
DSC_0947.jpg DSC_0949.jpg

Sorry about the pics being sideways I don't know what happened to cause that.hopefully a mod can fix it..

Cat%20with%20Sideways%20Head.jpg

We call that snow a dusting by us. We don't even consider it a snowfall. But you guys better get it cleaned up. I'm heading back to wi from Florida Saturday. Been in the 80's down here.

First Pic shows a local campground that is currently under water. The second Pic is Of Hwy 11 North .A major county artery that is completely blocked with flood waters

Sorry about the pics being sideways I don't know what happened to cause that.hopefully a mod can fix it..
DSC_0947.jpg DSC_0949.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0947.jpg
    DSC_0947.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0949.jpg
    DSC_0949.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 33
View attachment 409127 View attachment 409128

So a few inches of snow causes yall to flood?

i have had enough of record breaking cold and and that white stuff that falls from the sky
our interstate that i travel on to go to work was so bad it made national news LOL
here is some pictures and a video of course the interstate had to be gone over 3 times to clear the snow and ice.
here is the most up to date video
10830612_10152567573032261_8673768187791760247_o.jpg
10408520_10152573865237261_3649595927621398112_n.jpg

The southern states seem to have had more snowfall the past few years than here in NW Iowa, all we've had is this bitter cold that everyone complains about. I'll gladly take the snow back, makes hunting easier!

That video made me LOL.

In my neck of the woods, you would have seen drivers weaving in and out of those plow truck to get by them!

I went to truck driving school down in Paducah KY. The day that was supposed to be my final road test, they're received an inch of snow on the roads. They would not let the road test trucks out on the road "wtf like we are not going to ever drive in the snow". I had to stay an extra day to finish the coarse.

So a few inches of snow causes yall to flood?

Not just a few inches of snow,10-12 Inches of snow early last week followed by three inches of rain this week and 6 more inches of snow on top of that. All the precipitation combined was enough to raise our river 27 feet about normal.
I know for most 6-8 inches of snow is basically just a nuisance, but come to these mountains I live in and try it. The county road coming into my neighborhood is 6 to 9% grade for 1/2 mile until it reaches top of mountain.

For me just getting to the main hwy on a snowy morning is an adventure in itself

Those blades look less serious than what we see on our highways and passes. Our pass crews have spent more time blading rocks off the road than snow, which might make up for some of the recent budget busting snowy winters.

Sunny and 40° here... the first "real" thaw since October.
Where the ground ain't buried under snow, it's ankle deep in soupy mud... the frost underneath won't let the moisture drain.
The driveway has 3 inches of water sittin' on top of 2 inches of ice... the snow banks all around it have the water trapped.
The kids and dogs come in drippin' wet and covered with slop... they come in every 30 minutes lookin' for dry gloves and socks (well... the kids anyway).
It's only gonna' get worse before it gets better... couple more days of this and the roads become soft and swampy.
And then... just when everything is as friggin' sloppy as possible... the inevitable March snowstorm will hit.
Just gotta' love March... the only thing it's good for is maple syrup... prayin' April gets here quick.

I am sitting in the parking lot of the Expo Center in Louisville and can report that traffic is flowing fine on I-65 as I look at it now.

Back