OK...I need to brag about today's score.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockeydeuce

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It was hard not to post that these were on the way to me earlier today. I was like a kid at Christmas all morning!!

I made the deal on these over the phone and the guy even delivered them from a couple hours away!!:rock:

070 and an 090!!!!!!:chainsawguy:

IMG_5695.jpg

Nice score JD. Those saws look to be in nice original condition. I am definitely not an expert with the Stihl machines, but is it possible that the half wrap handle with the green coloured grip on the 090 has come from a lightning?

I ask because my lightning has the same handle with the green coloured grip.

Great saws!

Chris.

Nice score JD. Those saws look to be in nice original condition. I am definitely not an expert with the Stihl machines, but is it possible that the half wrap handle with the green coloured grip on the 090 has come from a lightning?

Great saws!

Chris.

Could be on the handle and I'm the first to admit that I know nothing about this series of Stihls. I'm taking the guys word that the one's an 090 and the other an 070, although the one has an 070 sticker, but we all know that doesn't mean much.....I've been hunting for a saw in this family for a long time!

This was another case of chatting with someone about something completely unrelated to saws and dropping the hint that I'm always looking for saws. People are probably tired of me asking about whether they have any saws "lying around", but it works!:msp_thumbup:

Great saws!

Chris.

they appear to be early models so the green handle may be original.

best thing to remember is that a lot of 1106 series saw parts will interchange. 1959 to 1985
so you never know what you will find on your saw.

I've been hunting for a saw in this family for a long time!

This was another case of chatting with someone about something completely unrelated to saws and dropping the hint that I'm always looking for saws. People are probably tired of me asking about whether they have any saws "lying around", but it works!:msp_thumbup:

It is always a joy to finally get something which you have been hunting for!
It never hurts to ask about saws - It is getting hold of them that requires finesse. Being polite and not pushy are two methods that I employ - as well as not trying to get something for as little outlay as I can everytime I want to make a purchase.

Good luck with these monsters - I am sure that you will enjoy having them in your collection.

Chris.

you suck...I mean nice find. GRRRR under my breath. On my list for sure.

I think they are among the best looking saws ever made. The contra has them beat but I want one bad.

I found an 070 contra for sale local the other day. Looked to be in decent shape. They wanted 600 bucks. I don't even know if they're worth that.

It was hard not to post that these were on the way to me earlier today. I was like a kid at Christmas all morning!!

I made the deal on these over the phone and the guy even delivered them from a couple hours away!!:rock:

070 and an 090!!!!!!:chainsawguy:

IMG_5695.jpg

Congrats !

attachment.php

Great score! Nothing like an 090 in your hands, one of those saws a person just has to experience to believe!

Back