Ok it's time to replace my cs346 echo saw .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASEMASTER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
after many good years of service it is worn out and needs to be replaced. I prefer husky over sthil only on my preference of feel in hand. I have a husky 570 for the big fire wood but at 61 I need something for liming and small saplings. Any good suggestions , it will be tweeked and super tuned of course.

The husky 550 is a great saw, but at a lower price point/smaller size I'd be looking at other brands.
The 550 is almost overkill as far as small saws go. Of course that just means you can still do all the little stuff and use the 570 less often.

Why not go with another ECHO? CS 400 is a nice limbing saw. Mine is stock, but a lot of guys do a muffle mod on them.

Philbert

Agreed. Or the CS-370 at just a tiny bit smaller. The CS-400 is a great little saw with a 16" bar.

Shame on the CS-346. I use mine a lot. Wish it had a bit more power, but really like the light weight. I've been looking at the CS-400 or CS-490. 400 is about 2.3# heavier, 490 about 2.8#. Not much out there to rival the 7.8# for the CS-346.

tore it down today and seals and bearings not good . I'll be getting a new echo 400 in the next month. thanks for the replys and information ,
there are no new or used husky 346xp's in the area or it would be mine.

Back