Ok pros...anything to add..to wake up a 365 XTorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westboastfaller

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just bought a new X Torq 365 for the bottom end and new case, ect.
but my BB conversion caught a ring ? and didn't last the first day.
now I need to put it back but would like to do what I can do. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
I heard the only difference from the 372 is the divider in the transfer. ports. I just removed the 365 caps and will grind them out. Also slam it.
Of cource I have screened mufflers. with the 266 outlets.. what are we missing...hmmm

I had an old 365 special ,i had Mastemind put a oem 75cc top end on it and port it ,real strong saw for a husky ,if buy an aftermarket top i have had good luck with the meteor brand kits ,oem will have an edge on the power though ,i added the pro saftey brand wrap handle and dogs too ,the dogs are much stronger than the stock ones ,handlebar had a bigger grip too it also ,here is muffler mod that was done also ,ended up selling it ,the handlebar angles was not as comfortable to run as my 440 stihls ,can see the difference on pic 3 365 001.JPG xpw 003.JPG 372 440.jpg

Hi,I see you're in the neighborhood,only a few miles away... For more mods you have have it work-ported,mod the piston and carb,alter the ignition. Is the bigbore piston and cyl.totally junk? Do you know what happened,caused it?

Hi,I see you're in the neighborhood,only a few miles away... For more mods you have have it work-ported,mod the piston and carb,alter the ignition. Is the bigbore piston and cyl.totally junk? Do you know what happened,caused it?
Well yeah! and with this wealth of details I think I'll hang up the saw and put 'em all out of biz. It goes to show, good things come to those who wait. lol...The operative word there was I as In me. Not what can be done or what could I get done. what more could I do at night after work. It seemed to go ok with what I did for Fall and Burn last winter. Now I have a dome in a 372 XP cylinder on it now. New Carb & non rev limiter. It seems to be good in the soft wood so far.
Also put another BB on my other one. Its seems like its got a leak though?? May buy a new carb for that too.

Im in Vic falling now.

Is that saw still in the area Brian?
I had an old 365 special ,i had Mastemind put a oem 75cc top end on it and port it ,real strong saw for a husky ,if buy an aftermarket top i have had good luck with the meteor brand kits ,oem will have an edge on the power though ,i added the pro saftey brand wrap handle and dogs too ,the dogs are much stronger than the stock ones ,handlebar had a bigger grip too it also ,here is muffler mod that was done also ,ended up selling it ,the handlebar angles was not as comfortable to run as my 440 stihls ,can see the difference on pic 3 View attachment 404115 View attachment 404116 View attachment 404121
and if so..???

I hope you find the real cause of the death of the BB saw,it's odd running may indicate the gremlin is still in it waiting to kill the new build. Just be real sure it is not running lean,many possible causes.

Yeah..thats a good point. I noticed the intake manifold looked like it was starting to seperate and I forgot to change it out. It is lean now for sure but I'm not running it.

just noticed this thread. oldy now but was this big bore kit a hutzl or NWP big bore Jamie? they drop their lower ring ends into the intake port from the manufacturer :(. i ported a hutzl kit for a 372 and it is the strongest 372 i have ever run. i have a mike lee XT with more torque for longer bars but the big bore happily tunes out the 15k 4 stroking. i've got quite a bit of time on it now but i left the lower ring out to eliminate the issue. kept the second ring to rering it later if it lasts that long. the plating on these big bores looks real chincy. not sure i'd be willing to rely on it in the bush without an all OEM spare saw on hand. i've heard of a few of these big bores having the lower ring snag the intake roof. a good port beveling and removing that lower ring at the absolute minimum is required to run these kits.

If I were to install an AM big bore kit I think spending a few mins beveling ports and checking things is good insurance. I would not imagine anyone would have looked at them prior to putting them in shipping containers by the 1000's! I like the OP's idea of buying a 365 as a starting platform giving you a brand new oem case full of new parts the same as a 372. l hope Shane gets his saw where he wants it.

If I were to install an AM big bore kit I think spending a few mins beveling ports and checking things is good insurance. I would not imagine anyone would have looked at them prior to putting them in shipping containers by the 1000's! I like the OP's idea of buying a 365 as a starting platform giving you a brand new oem case full of new parts the same as a 372. l hope Shane gets his saw where he wants it.

Not sure what you mean by where he wants it? I built mine about a year ago now. It hasn't been used for production but it definitely has north of 100 tanks on it without any issues.

I just heard they still make the 372xpw ?
tlandrum said they make them everyday on a thread recently and someone else had a thread last week too of a brand new one they just got.Then where are they?

Other countries have saws that are no longer available here. There is a seller here that has new, not available in the US saws. Beleive he is in Malaysia. 372 of some sort was one of the Husqvarna saws he has/had for sale. Do believe his name Robin.

They are making knock offs I know
Thanks

no they aren't knock offs jamie. they are still made by husqvarna for countries where emissions aren't so strict. kinda pointless to pursue though as getting them costs a small fortune. might a suggest a 461 stihl :D

Back