Okay, here's another what to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ms260 is NOT worth the extra money over the ms290 or ms270 for a part time wood cutter. You are going to spend $$$ on features you will likely never notice, but then again it is always nice to have quality tools.

The 260 is a better built saw than either and will last longer. If you are looking for a small saw in the pro range, the 260 is your saw.

just get the 361 and join the cancer cureing crowd.

its got good power for its weight and would be good dual purpose saw with 20" and 24" bar

Thanks for all the advice - 361 it is, picked it up this morning and was sawing by early afternoon.

Man this saw rocks, it made easy work of a 18" sycamore that had broke off blocking one of our tractor trails, I really just can't get over how well it cuts, can't wait to do more with it.

Wow, 330" tree??:)

I can always use my brothers MS180 for light work, and the little homelight is still going.

I'm leaning to the 361, I don't want to regret being underpowered.

Congrats on the new saw!!!LOL!!

First thing ya did was run out and find something to cut, had a ball cutting it and playing with "All that power:D" and now ya will find yourself surrounded by tree's with Evil intent...

You know what to do;)

Make sure you let your Dad play with it some too...
He's gonna freak over the weight and power.

I detect symptoms of the early onset of CAD in this one.:hmm3grin2orange:

Stay safe!!
Dingeryote

Thanks for all the advice - 361 it is, picked it up this morning and was sawing by early afternoon.

Man this saw rocks, it made easy work of a 18" sycamore that had broke off blocking one of our tractor trails, I really just can't get over how well it cuts, can't wait to do more with it.

Give it 5-10 tanks of fuel to break in and it will get even better. Congrats on a good buy.

Back