Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening gents,still waiting on that nasty weather that was forecast for today. Getting a real fine mist out there now,if it keeps up it will make driving interesting later tonight.
We had rain and thunderstorms all day and night yesterday.

Got 3 " or so last night ,but must be warm because roof is dripping . Got a Woodturners party today lots of good food ,and talk of chainsaws . When is the charity cut Jan 11 ? I can load and bring splitter and Mike .

Last edited:
Went and blocked and noodled that dead elm trunk, that we dropped wed. There was enough to make a good truck load,hope to get it split tomorrow. The main highways are clear, but some of the blacktops have a skim of crusted ice. Most of the storm stayed south and east.

Don't know what the temperature is, but what melted yesterday froze overnight. Been making Christmas presents for the granddaughters. They have American Girl dolls and want furniture to go along with them. So far have made a picnic table. The plans called for 4 1x2's so I bought 6. Good thing I did, after all the screw ups, I used all 6. Now I have to make doll beds. That will probably take a whole Forrest.

Don't know what the temperature is, but what melted yesterday froze overnight. Been making Christmas presents for the granddaughters. They have American Girl dolls and want furniture to go along with them. So far have made a picnic table. The plans called for 4 1x2's so I bought 6. Good thing I did, after all the screw ups, I used all 6. Now I have to make doll beds. That will probably take a whole Forrest.
Have you seen the 3 story house out there. The wife showed me and oh my!

Have you seen the 3 story house out there. The wife showed me and oh my!
For me to make a doll house there aren't enough trees in the state of Missouri. The old saying " Measure twice, cut once" doesn't apply to me. More like measure 6 times then make a pile of kindling.

Morning gents, sunshine and thirty degrees, going to try and start the splitter pretty soon. That dead elm has been burning good, throw in a couple pieces of hedge and I can get a good nights burn.
Steve when it comes to carpentry, I can't get a square cut on a table saw.

Back